1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2016 5:10 PM by trshaner

Best format to export a slideshow

birdartphotos

I have digitized family photos and have made a Slideshow using LR. The slides have titles that show up below each picture (entered in Metadata). I would like other members of the family who do not have LR to be able to see the slideshow. I could export as pdf, as jpeg,or as video. There are 2000 photos, so video takes a long time and uses storage. When I export as jpeg, and share through DropBox, I can see the photos in order, but can only advance slides manually and the advance buttons obscure the titles below the picture when played on Full Screen. Has anyone else figured out the best way to share a slideshow made on LR?

• 1. Re: Best format to export a slideshow
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Virtually any computer, tablet, or phone can view a PDF file. I suggest breaking up the 2,000 photos into groups by time or other subject content. The PDF can be run in full-screen mode with automatic transitions. Unfortunately you can't add music to PDF slideshows using LR.

I use ProShow by Photodex to produce 1080p AVCHD slideshows burned to a standard 4.7 GB DVD, which can run up to 30 minutes. If you have a Blu-ray burner you can create even longer slideshow videos. Both the DVD and Blu-ray discs can be played back on a 1080p TV using any Blu-ray player. You can download the free trial and try it out. I purchased ProShow Producer, but the 'Gold' version for you family slideshows:

ProShow - The Ultimate HD Slideshow Tool