4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 1:10 PM by RoboWizard

RoboHelp Help

WebmastaDj Level 1
      Ok, here is the problem. We had RoboInfo and now we have RoboHelp x5. We are trying to get our policies up and working but are having trouble. Inside RoboHelp it has the correct policies, but when we go to publish it, the program states that there is a file that is being written to and the program crashes. Also, it looks like it publishs some of the files, but not all of them. Updated policies will not publish, just the old ones.

Please help with this, it is a complicated matter and we have been spending a lot of time trying to get it to work. Any help will be great.
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp Help
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          We'll try and help but we'll need a bit more detail. Are you saying the policies were written in Roboinfo but now you have a need to update them and have RHX5 installed? If so, did you take a backup before amending anything? If you did, try opening this in RHX5 and publishing that. Does this work? If it does, the problem is with the updates. If it doesn't, the problem is with the old policies.
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp Help
            Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
            Before you open any backup copies, make further backups!

It sounds as if the project opens OK and allows you to edit. What about if when creating the output you just generate but do not publish? Is that generated output entirely correct?

You are saying that only old topics are publishing but they were there all along so what is it telling you they are getting published afresh.?

• 3. RoboHelp Help
              WebmastaDj Level 1
              Nevermind. We are just going to go use MadCap Flare becuase we got it working. We need something now. I tried to install roboinfo 8 and couldn't even get it to start.
              • 4. Re: RoboHelp Help
                RoboWizard Level 4
                Good luck with Flare!

I don't believe Adobe makes a RoboInfo 8. I think it's simply RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick