1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2016 10:45 AM by Roei Tzoref

Strange new crashing

Popcorn Media man

Hi There

I am recently having problems with an external drive, i', thinking its a permissions issue.

When i import files from my external G drive and then save a project it crashes. Move the same file to my desktop and save and its fine.

I also cant collect a project to the drive, although i have always used it that way in the past.

Tried switching it off and on, and having a coffee whilst i wait - no joy.

I want to use my new 4TB drive, but similar issues.

Please help

Oh - After Effects CS6 on iMac 3.4Ghz Intel i5 on Yosemite

Thanks

• 1. Re: Strange new crashing
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          When i import files from my external G drive and then save a project it crashes. Move the same file to my desktop and save and its fine. I also cant collect a project to the drive, although i have always used it that way in the past.

first you should make sure your software is up to date  11.0.4

there could be a connection problem to your external drive. this could be a usb resource issue. bare in mind this is not the safest approach to collect files to an external device because if you lose connection you could also lose or damage your files. same goes from working from external device. you should copy your files to your computer because it will improve your workflow speed (data transfer is faster) and most importantly it is safer.