1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 4:52 AM by Roei Tzoref

Align logo with different layers in After Effects

pjotrs54197025

Hello,

I created a logo with 3 layers in AI and imported into AE. Unfortunately the logo was no longer in the middle of the screen. I tried to align the logo in AE in the center of the screen but when i did, all the layers centered in the middle of the screen crossing each other. It's is intended that the ratio between the layers 3 remains the same. So the whole logo must be centered. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Pjotr

• 1. Re: Align Logo with different layers in After Effects
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          I created a logo with 3 layers in AI and imported into AE. Unfortunately the logo was no longer in the middle of the screen

did you import it as a composition, layer size and opened that composition? because that's what you should do

and you will get an exact copy of what you had in illustrator.

I tried to align the logo in AE in the center of the screen but when i did, all the layers centered in the middle of the screen crossing each other.

Yep. you have centered all the layers. so now each layer is at the center of the composition and not as a whole composition respecting the relationship between them.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Option #1: you can select all the layers and move them manually either in the timeline by scrubbing to offset them (instead of inserting exact values that will cause them to be in the exact same position). or you could do this manually by dragging the selected layers in the composition window. if you want to see the exact center you can toggle the title safe switch.

Option #2: create a Null layer, attach all the layers to it, move the null as you like. when you are done you can delete the null.

1 person found this helpful