10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 3:08 PM by jiffobarb

Lightroom hangs on import

jiffobarb Level 1

I'm using Lightroom CC with Windows 10. Lightroom has suddenly started to hang on importing to a particular folder. That's importing any kind of file - even files that I've previously imported (before today), deleted from Lightroom and attempted to re-import again. Now strangely I can import the same photos to another folder and then move them within Lightroom. I'm thinking this is some kind of lock in the Lightroom catalog (database)? I've tried Optimise Catalog - same problem. I've tried rebooting between attempts to import - same problem. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and found a resolution?

• 1. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
          le'tonyag10574398

Im using it with iMac. Has been hung up on import since last night. Had to force quit. Tried to restart and it's doing nothing. Any help will be appreciated!!!

• 2. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
            dj_paige Level 9

Version NUMBER of Lightroom? Go to Help->System Info and report the version NUMBER shown there. Do not use words like "up-to-date" or "most recent".

Le'tonyag ... you need to provide a lot more details. Lots and lots of details. What you did, what you saw on the screen, how far the program got, quote any error messages.

• 3. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
              jiffobarb Level 1

Lightroom version: CC 2015.7 [ 1090788 ] - to which I upgraded today in order to see if it was a bug corrected in the latest version.

• 4. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                dj_paige Level 9

I'm using Lightroom CC with Windows 10. Lightroom has suddenly started to hang on importing to a particular folder. That's importing any kind of file - even files that I've previously imported (before today), deleted from Lightroom and attempted to re-import again.

How far does the program get when this "hang" happens? If there is an error message, please quote it word for word.

is the problem with a particular destination folder, or a particular source folder?

• 5. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                  jiffobarb Level 1

This is the test I'm doing at the moment. I copy a file into the destination folder (2016 as it happens). Go into Lightroom, do synchronise folder, Lightroom finds one file to import then goes into the import screen where it hangs like the image below with "Lightroom Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Library (Not Responding) on the Windows title bar.

htCapture.jpg

• 6. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                    dj_paige Level 9

Are there any cellphones or tablets attachd to the computer? If so, remove these devices and try the import again.

Are there any videos in the same folder as the photos you are trying to import? If so, put the videos somewhere else and try the import again.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                      pm95774422

I am having the same problem with sierra, running CC 2015.7.  I have no devices, except My Passport external drive.  I turned off bluetooth. I can't revert to El Capitan, as I've read elsewhere to be a solution.

• 8. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                        jiffobarb Level 1

Nothing is attached to the computer except keyboard, mouse and card reader. These were in place last week when I last successfully imported around 700 images and videos into the 2016 folder. Yes there are videos in the 2016 folder; these imported perfectly well last week. It is only this week when I've tried to import some new files (synchronise folder) that I have hit this problem. I've tried moving all the videos files out of 2016 folder and putting just one file in the 2016 to try the synchronise (import) again but no joy, Lightroom hangs just the same way.

• 9. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                          dj_paige Level 9

This is the only other solution I can think of

Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, some people report that this fixes the problem.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

• 10. Re: Lightroom hangs on import
                            jiffobarb Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions dj_paige. I'd rather not go down the route of de-installing/re-installing. It's difficult to determine where the bug is if you do that. Meanwhile I've found a workaround for now. If I don't select "Show Import Dialog Before Importing" on the Synchronise Folder dialog then the files import perfectly. This is consistent behaviour now??