1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 9:19 AM by dj_paige

Sync Folder wants to re-import all files

MagicStreets

Hi, I've recently nuked my Mac and installed a fresh version of OS.  I backed up everything and transferred it successfully it seems - my catalogue, all pics and settings etc.. all there ok.  However, when I try and synchronise my top level folder, LR sees all 11,000-odd photos as missing and wants to re-import them.  And at the same time wants to remove the existing 11,000-odd files!?  I'm concerned that I'll lose my settings etc.. if I go ahead and sync, but no idea how to fix it!?

Any advice, gratefully received - thanks.

/Ben

• 1. Re: Sync Folder wants to re-import all files
          dj_paige Level 9

Yes, I agree, you shouldn't synchronize in this situation, and I think synchronizing the top level folder is a dangerous way to go in any event.

In this case, Lightroom doesn't recognize the photos in your catalog and it thinks all 11000 are new photos. You have to figure out why that is. Are there question mark icons on the folders? Are there exclamation point icons or question mark icons on the photos?

What is the version NUMBER of your Lightroom? Go to Help->System Info and report the Lightroom version NUMBER shown there.

What is the version NUMBER of your Mac OS X?