16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 12:00 PM by Pablo B.

Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Pablo B.

I am mainly using Adobe Illustrator Draw on my Note 10.1 2014 tablet. I've already created 8 projects with an average of 5-7 drawings per project. When I checked my Creative Cloud assets online on my laptop, I only see 4 of the 8 projects.

I also found out that my Adobe Capture file assets is a mess. Most of the files have multiple copies.

• 1. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Pablo.

A couple of quick things:

Am I understanding correctly... You're using Capture on your Android tablet? If so, that could be why your files are a bit of a mess; because Capture's not supported on Android tablets it hasn't been tested so may not work according to plan. But let me know if you're not using it on a tablet.

About your Draw work... Try leaving the device and the app open over a good wireless connection for a bit. Sometimes when there's a lot of work that hasn't had a chance to sync to the cloud it can take a deliberate effort (making sure the device doesn't sleep) to get all your work to sync.

Let me know how things are going.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
            Pablo B. Level 1

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use my Note 5 for

Adobe Capture and access the shapes via Adobe CC on my tablet for

compositing using Adobe Illustrator Draw. Any plans to on making Adobe

Capture compatible on the Note 10.1 2014?

I've been whacking my brains trying different approaches, leaving the

device over a good wireless connection for a bit, as you mentioned, signing

out and signing in on my tablet, Note 5 and Macbook Pro (Sierra) but still

the Libraries behave so erratic. Sometimes it lags, delaying the display of

contents, duplicating files by itself, shows empty folders, etc. It's a

good thing I been using it for my personal projects but what if it's a

commission work?

Anyway, I make sure that I send each finished drawing to Illustrator CC for

safe-keeping. It also has delays in sending but most of the time sending it

from my android tablet to Macbook works.

• 3. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Pablo.

OK, Another couple of questions about Capture:

Are all of your libraries showing up when you log in to Adobe Creative Cloud

Are there any libraries showing up on your phone that aren't showing up on the web?

Are the duplicated assets all in one particular library?

I'm glad you're sending your work to Illustrator as you finish it (it's actually not a bad habit to get into even when work is syncing correctly. Something I'd like you to check for on the desktop:

Are you using the most recent version of Illustrator CC (v20.1.0)? (To check, open Illustrator and choose About Ai from the Illustrator menu)

If you don't have the latest version, go ahead and update the desktop app.

If you're already updated, on the Ai Start screen look for the Mobile Creations tab. Let me know if you see your mobile work there. This is what that should look like:

Draw_AiMobileCreations.png

Let me know.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                Pablo B. Level 1

Hi Sue

I just downloaded latest 2.1 version of AID on my Note 10.1 2014 tablet. Illustrator Draw tab Cloud is back but it shows partial sync (1 out of 3 projects). The partial project list that's been synced in the Cloud is also duplicated on my Tablet's project list.

I was wrong, move and scale of image layer needs a lot of effort to manipulate. Sometimes unresponsive.

As I mentioned in the Google+ thread, if you could implement Photoshop Mix Cloud icon in the Projects window. Icon disappears once the project is synced.

BTW, Photoshop Mix is still unstable on the Note 10.1 2013. I have to uninstall and install to get around the crash on startup of app. Adobe Capture library is still duplicating files in Cloud as well as in my Note 5.

Great effort. Kudos

Pablo

• 5. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                  Pablo B. Level 1

Sue

I forgot to mention that Illustrator Draw tab now appears in Illustrator CC but also partial sync. (1 out of 3 projects)

• 6. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Hi Pablo.

Thanks for this information. I've dropped a note to the product teams (both Capture and Draw) to see if they have any ideas about the strange syncing. But while I'm waiting to hear back, a question:

Are all of the duplicated Capture assets in one  library? Or do multiple libraries have duplicated assets?

Sue.

• 7. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                      Pablo B. Level 1

Hi Sue

On my Note 5, they're in the main Library. The files are now triplicated.

In Web view, they're in the Libraries under Mobile Creations. Files are now

also in triplicate.

On my tablet, it's also under Library. Files also in triplicate but one

copy of each triplicate does not display cover icon and files are shown

ramdomly in grid view only. Really confusing and overwhelming to look at.

Pablo

• 8. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                        Pablo B. Level 1

Sue,

Again, all of the assets view user interface look different on the phone,

Web, and tablet. The same also for each mobile app, the assets user

interface looks and behave differently.

I hope eventually they'll have the same efficient and unified assets

interface with the desktop/laptop CC apps.

• 9. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Pablo,

I'm still waiting to hear back from the product teams (I don't understand why your Draw projects are syncing) but I'd like you to try creating a new library and move a few of your assets to it to see if that tripling stops. Try this:

* You can create a new library either online at https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries and in the upper right hand corner under Actions choose Create Library or you can do it in Capture by tapping on the library name in the upper nav, then in the library menu that opens tap + Create New Library from the pop-up menu

* Once you've set up the new library, the easiest way to move an asset into it is to duplicate it and move it. Tap on any asset you want to move. Once it opens in the Preview screen tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Tap Duplicate. A pop-up menu will open and in it you'll have the ability to choose the library you want to move it into. Move it to the new one.

*  Once you have one or two of your Capture assets moved, give the new library time to sync to Creative Cloud), then log in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries and see if the assets in it are still tripling.

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

• 10. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                            Pablo B. Level 1

Hi Sue,

Copying/moving files into a new library worked in fixing Library mess. So

far, no more duplicates. In fact before following your suggestion, it had

already quadrupled my files.

The process was a bit tedious. I ended up rebuilding. I have to refresh the

web view of the assets on Safari in my laptop. Web view hangs everytime I

copy the files into the new library. I had to confirm if the files have

already been copied on my Capture Library in my phone before refreshing Web

view on my laptop.

Pablo

• 11. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

HI Pablo.

I know. The process is super tedious. I usually suggest that people don't move everything at once, but do it as they want to use something. But with your library being such a mess it makes sense that you moved what you wanted. (By the way, the product team had never seen this issue of tripling/quadrupling libraries. It's a strange one for sure.) You may, once all your new libraries are synced, have to uninstall and reinstall Capture to permanently delete the older/empty libraries (sometimes the deletions of those empty libraries doesn't happen until you uninstall but you can cross that bridge when you get to it).

Now.... on to the Draw work that won't sync. Have those appeared on assets.adobe.com? If not, I'd really like it if you could share that project with me so I can see if I can get them to sync. (It bothers me that they won't.) Let me know if you're up for sharing them and I'll give you the steps to do that; it's pretty simple.

Sue.

• 12. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                                Pablo B. Level 1

HI Sue,

I'm getting use to the Library mess. I just uninstalled and installed my

desktop apps and the assets I deleted came back. All 65 of them! Might be

also my bandwidth can't cope with the changes? Since there are no visual

signs to tell me if everything is sync, no icons or bars, I just have to

get use to the surprises.

In Draw on my tablet, I have three projects and named them Set1, Set2,

Set3. Only one project, Set3 is still the only visible in my cloud. How can

I share the Projects with you? On my tablet, the Projects can be only

shared to Behance.

Please let me know other way how to share them to you. Thanks.

Pablo

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 13. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Hi Pablo.

Here's how to share the projects with me:

* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw with your Adobe ID

* Select the project to share (go ahead and share both Set1 and Set2 with me)

* Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link; at that point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. Send both links to me at susang at adobe dot com.

Sue.

• 14. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                                    Pablo B. Level 1

Only one project appears in my assets Web view. Just Set3 project. The

others, Set1.and Ser2 does not sync. Where do I send it?

• 15. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets

Pablo.

I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking (it's been a busy morning); you can't send them because they're not showing up on the web.

There is a new version of Draw (v2.2.117) that I'd like you to install but I'm worried about those projects:

Is there anything different about them from the project that is syncing?

Are there any weird characters in the titles (doesn't look like it from what you've said but thought I should ask)?

Are there photo layers in the drawings?

Sue.

• 16. Re: Adobe Illustrator Draw sync problems with CC Mobile Creations assets
                                        Pablo B. Level 1

No prob, Sue. I'll give the new version a go. I have everything in my

laptop. Good thing export to Illustrator CC works.

No photos but plenty of Adobe Capture shapes extracted from photos.