6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 12:39 PM by Szalam

After Effects REAL 3D support?

Stillborn Level 1

Is any chances to see After Effects work with REAL 3D data, like point cloud? Real 3D particles? To make 3D compositing FOG, other VOLUMETRIC compositing Effects? 3D camera Projection / mapping ?

mm? Dear developers are there any ideas for development in this direction?

• 1. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Until (and more importantly, IF) Adobe decides to create a real 3D application, the answer is "No".

And I don't think that's bad -- you can get C4D for real 3D work. 
          Furthermore, I don't think Adobe SHOULD.  After Effects has enough problems already!  Do you really want to make matters worse by making it real 3D?  I shudder.

• 2. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
            Stillborn Level 1

Why adobe not go way Like HITFILM software? (Real 3D models support + Real 3D particles = realistic COMPOSITING FEATURES ) but make usless RAYTRACE.. spent a lot of resources. I dont saw enough problems). But I think it's realy good things which will lead to AE to new level.

I love AE so much and only want AE was the TOP1.

• 3. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

I understand the sentiment, but I think there's a pretty significant section of the user base who might just weep in relief if they read the following seven words associated with the next AE version:

"IT WORKS. NO IFS, ANDS OR BUTS."

If Adobe could pull that off, it would be just huge.  Reliability... what a concept!

• 4. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
                Stillborn Level 1

I think it's good direction and concept for future!

We have in AE all things, 2D trackers, 2.5 trackers (mocha) 3d tracker
                Motion design tools, thats work perfect
                Good interface
                Good work with Effects, many plugins

Good 2D compositing

now we need real 3D compositing TOOLS! not fake 2.5d ! Today is 21 century! Go FORWARD. I must saw this in AE before WORD WAR 3 BEGINS.

CURRENT AE merge tools from NUKE for real 3D compositing = HELLO IM ADOBE MOTHER ******!

Dear developers I hope I will be heard! thnx.

• 5. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Not really. Adobe suck at anything that has to do with 3D. They don't understand that market. You just need to look at Flash/ Animate CC, Photoshop and ultimately AE. A 3D compositing tool by Adobe would probably be a barely usable nightmare with massive technical issues and a workflow so odd, it drives you crazy.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: After Effects REAL 3D support?
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you would like to see development start going in that direction, file a feature request (or several) and be specific about what you would like to see, how it would work, etc. Feature request page here.