0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 3:22 PM by powermac-nz

How to insert language-specific page numbers (Chinese/Korean) in the US/Intl version of InDesign

powermac-nz

I am a software tutor and have a question from one of my students which you maybe able to answer as I cannot:

Question:

Using a US/Intl English version of InDesign and creating multi-language documents which include Chinese or Korean, how can I add page numbering on the master page in the Chinese or Korean language?

InDesign understands how to make these page numbers. It's just a question of inputting the correct "marker" on the master page, and the US/Intl version does not provide us with the interface to do this.

Living in New Zealand this is becoming a major problem for designers using a non-Chinese or non-Korean version of InDesign but who still want to show page numbering in the Asian symbols. I am sure this will come up more and more in the future especially here in New Zealand where our near neighbours use Asian symbols, and as a trainer of Adobe software I do need to know all our options.

Margaret Marsh