0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 2:54 PM by marcmilwaukee

Problem Replicating Video in an InDesign Document

marcmilwaukee

I just started using InDesign about 3 months ago, learning it through Lynda videos and trial and error on a real project.   So I probably know just enough to be dangerous to myself, but not enough to solve the following problem.  I am having trouble with video in an InDesign document.

Here are four scenarios:

Scenario 1 – Got it to work: My first attempt!  I started with a video taken with my camera, converted it to FLN format, placed it on the page using the media tool, sized it, and then selected a poster serving as the cover.  The video played in the media tool and played in InDesign preview.

Scenario 2 – Would not work: Avout a month later, I used another video and followed the same steps: started with a video taken with my camera, converted it to FLN format, placed it on the page using the media tool, resized it, and then selected a poster serving as the cover.  The video played in the media tool view box, but when I ran the InDesign preview, it did not show up.  The screen was blank.

Scenario 3 – Got to work:  I copied the video from the document created in Scenario 1 and pasted it into a new document.  It worked in the media tool preview, and worked in the InDesign preview.

Scenario 4: - Would not work:  I then tried the original FlN format file that worked in Scenario 1 and when copied from one document to another also worked (Scenario 3).  However, when I took the same FLN file from my base file with images and videos, and placed it into a document, I ran into the same problem described in Scenario 2.  I followed the same steps as in Scenario 1: placed it on the page using the media tool, sized it, and then selected a poster serving as the cover. The video played in the media tool view box, but when I ran the InDesign preview, it did not even show up.  The screen was blank.

Any help would be appreciated.