Have you recently installed or updated your Lightroom plugins?
Make sure Lightroom is updated and post the exact error message here if its reproducible.
Sorry I seem to have forgotten to add the message. I have checked and my
upgrades are up to date. However I´m not aware I use any plug-ins,
sometimes wish I did watching different experts speak of them!
The previous email had the screen photo attached.
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Akash Sharma <email@example.com>
Some questions after searching for that error message;
1. Is your Lightroom configured in a language other than English?
2. You're not using a Finnish keyboard, by any chance?
3. When exactly does the error occur -- when you click the Send button or some other time?
4. Does the error occur if you use a different email address, one that is fully formed (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lightroom is in English
No I´m not using a Finnish keyboard, however I have a keyboard with Norwegian letters etc, seldom used because I am an English speaker.
Since receiving your mail, I tried sending myself a message with selected photos and as you will see from the picture,
I was ready to type @ and this message popped up. It appeared the first time I had an issue and I have seemingly lost a lot of data although I have it backed up.
I have used different email addresses and understand recipients have not received the pictures.
It seems very possible the problem is related to the Norwegian keyboard. See this bug report for someone who gets a very similar error using a Finnish keyboard: Lightroom: Use of latin characters causes exception. | Photoshop Family Customer Community
- Are you typing any keys that wouldn't appear on an English keyboard?
- Do you have a US English or UK English keyboard you could try?