3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 4:37 AM by Just Shoot Me

lost catalogue

deborahd98471628

I have lost a catalogue - it is stored on a hard drive.  I go to File >Catalogue > open recent and the catalogue is not listed.  Other catalogues on the hard drive are showing.  It occasionally finds it but more times it doesn't. I know the images are there but I don't know why Lightroom only shows the catalogue occasionally.  Any help appreciated.

• 1. Re: lost catalogue
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Use the File Manager program for your OS to search for the file name on that drive.

Is this on an internal or external drive?

Is the drive always connected to the computer?

What exact operating system are you using and what is the exact version number of LR that you are using?

• 2. Re: lost catalogue
            deborahd98471628 Level 1

It is an external hard drive - other catalogues on the same hard drive are listed - there is only one that isn't.

The hard drive is not always connected.

I am on Lightroom 5 on a Mac with El Capitan.

• 3. Re: lost catalogue
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Use Finder, the Mac File Manager program, to locate that catalog on the external drive. Then double click on it. You should also be able to use the Open Catalog dialog window in LR to browse through the hard drives connected to your Mac to find it on that external drive.

The Open catalog item in the menus (Not sure if it is under File menu item on a Mac) brings up a version of the OS X Finder program that should list every drive connected to your Mac.