5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 6:38 AM by oksamurai

Viewing Handles in PS

meccano101

When opening a new puppet in PS I can't see the handles or the anchor points. i am a long time photoshop user but this has got me stumped. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Viewing Handles in PS
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

In the past, these points were made via the pen tool to make a single dot (which you can see if you keep the pen tool active and select the layer - you'll see a subtle grey X where the point is).

However, we've started to move away from rigging in Photoshop - now we recommend doing all that stuff in Character Animator. The next release will actually have a new ".puppet" file which will include the original artwork + rigging inside CH.

• 2. Re: Viewing Handles in PS
            scotte57842618 Level 1

That sounds good. When do you think the next release will be?

• 3. Re: Viewing Handles in PS

We haven't announced a public date yet. It's looking great though - I'll be doing a deep dive video soon about all the new features.

• 4. Re: Viewing Handles in PS
                gsmith1090

This is a very powerful tool. It incorporates motion capture using the simplest of desktop tools ( a desk-cam and an audio file). The potential goes well beyond simplistic web animations. What I'd like to see is some sort of camera system within the Character Animator scene. It's very difficult right now to simply scale your character within the view without a trial and error period of manipulating the puppet and then going back to the scene view to see where it's now ended up after the move.

• 5. Re: Viewing Handles in PS

You can also use the Transform behavior within the scene itself to move puppets around and see the realtime results. The puppet panel is just a foundation, but you can still change those default values in a scene.

Still, we have heard the user request for camera controls and better mobility many times, and have started looking into it more.

1 person found this helpful