Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC update issue

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 things.

1) my AUSST isn't downloading all the latest updates e.g After Effects 13.8.1. I updated to AUSST 4.0 to yesterday and did a full update refresh but only the 13.7 update is available.

2) When checking for updates on PCs installed from my latest CC package the AAM only searches for updates for some of the products installed. When I look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0 there aren't any folders for half my installed products. Is there anyway to get this folder to re-populate itself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does anybody ever reply to these things or am do I need to contact adobe in a different way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

After you upgrade your AUSST to version 4.0 , you additionally need to generate the client configuration files again and then deploy them to the client machines using a blank packager only containing the overrides file using the Creative Cloud Packager.

In order to do that, under the Package Details screen on the Creative Cloud Packager, you need to choose the option to change the Package Configuration and there you need to choose the option for AUSST and embed this overrides file and then save it.

On the Applications and Updates screen on the packager when you go next, just do not choose anything and click on build. This would build a blank package with the client configuration file which would replace the old one and the core components required for AUSST 4.0 on the client machines. Once deployed, when you go inside After Effects and check for updates from the Help menu, you should be able to see all the latest product updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, however I had already updated the config files on the clients.

Sadly your reply hasn't answered either of the questions I asked.

Its nothing to do with the client for part 1, I have looked in the update server folders and the updates for products such as After Effects to update from 13.8.0 to 13.8.1 have not been downloaded by AUSST even though I did a full update refresh.

For my second question, when I created the CC package back in July, it doesn't appear to have caused the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0 to be fully populated with all update information for all my products. As this folder is how AAM decides which product updates to download even if my update server had all the needed updates.

We need these updates due to not being able to install Quicktime, if I could fix the second issue I could at least bypass the local update server and pull the updates directly from Adobes servers but it would be better if both issues could be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anybody help with these questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines