LightRoom Mobile consistently crashes on both my tablet and slightly less so on my phone. My initial workflow is to flag each photo in my ~27,000 photo collection which is currently organized into collections by year. The largest collection has about 4,000 photos. Each device has only a couple of collections synced for offline use. The source photos have been mostly Sony RAW, but also include older/smaller jpgs and some TIFF photos.
- The crash results in the app closing with "Lightroom Android Unexpectedly Quit". I have sent at least a dozen crash reports via Android collection.
- LR only occasionally offers to report crash data to Adobe. I have done so on every time but still wonder why LR ask me only sometimes.
- The crashes are always preceded by lags and then video artifacts such as missing filmstrip thumbnails [only visible on tablet?], garbled thumbnails and then total unresponsiveness. Attached are two screen shots of LR before two different crashes. One was online, one was offline.
- When the crashes occur, the device memory is not exhausted and there are no other background processes. CPU usage does seem to spike before LR fails.
- The crashes occur both online or offline and both with and without collections that have been downloaded for offline editing.
- LR did not recover [it just hung] from one particular crash on my tablet which required me to remove all data, uninstall, restart and reinstall. It still crashes.
- LR will crash after flagging every 100 or so photos or every ~10 minutes.
- It seems to crash more frequently after cropping.
- The collection size doesn't seem to matter. Even a small collection of 160 photos has crashed dozens of time while editing.
- The Tablet crashed more often when using the SD card and is currently using internal memory and still crashes often.
- The phone seems to crash less often though I admittedly use the tablet significantly more often for LR as the screen is larger.
- My tablet has never crashed on any app, even with resource intensive, high frame rate video.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Open GL version
["Device Information" is missing from LR menu?]
internal: 201MB/s | 26MB/s [currently using]
SD card: 36.8MB/s | 11.3MB/s
internal: 337MB/s | 49.1MB/s
SD card: 51.3MB/s | 15.9MB/s [currently using]
Pretty please Adobe, fix this. Moving to the LR suite has allowed me to take control of my photos. Using LR mobile allows me to work on my album from anywhere and it really is fantastic - when it works! Send your QA team to their local computer store to buy a Tab S2!