• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 and SharePoint 2013

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to dredge up an old question line, but I'm hoping some factors have changed. Here's the issue:

• My company has been acquired.
  • Only a handful of people from the other company have access to our Saba LMS.
  • I need to get some of my systems training to a few groups within the other company.
  • I do not need SCORM or other reporting. We only need exposure for about a year as these systems will be replaced.
  • I've experimented with some of my content developed in Articulate products, and I've had fairly good results.
  • Even after publishing HTML5 with no reporting, I have issues even uploading: the JSON image files are blocked.
  • I haven't tried the SWF version, but that's the next thing to try.

Has anyone played with the combo of Captivate 9 and SharePoint?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Sharepoint often causes issues with Captivate output.  Your HTML5 JSON files need to be added as a mimetype that is allowed by the server.  But Sharepoint doesn't really behave like a web server and HTML5 files DO really need to be delivered from a web server environment.

If you only need a fairly short-term solution for delivering content, even if you don't need reporting, I recommend you just use SCORM Cloud in the interim.  It's economical and it works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharepoint often causes issues with Captivate output.  Your HTML5 JSON files need to be added as a mimetype that is allowed by the server.  But Sharepoint doesn't really behave like a web server and HTML5 files DO really need to be delivered from a web server environment.

If you only need a fairly short-term solution for delivering content, even if you don't need reporting, I recommend you just use SCORM Cloud in the interim.  It's economical and it works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick and always-helpful answer, Rod. Having to use a non-LMS environment for training materials is definitely not my preferred method. SCORM Cloud is a great suggestion, but I can't take these sensitive materials outside our "walls". I'm going to play with some other options to see what might work.

Thanks, again. I can always count on you for the voice of reason.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a followup, my projects published as SWF (with no reporting) work in the SharePoint environment. Only the HTML5 versions are an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That figures.  As I said above, HTML5 always needs a web server, and Sharepoint isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources