3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 7:30 AM by Liz, Typekit Support

How to add custom fonts to Typekit

bestofsanna Level 1

Hi, I am a graphics designer and am working with several different clients and products like newspaper layout etc.

I need to be able to bring my customers favorite fonts into Typekit... i.e. Frutiger, New Gothic etc. And also import special fonts like BMW, Coop, Toyota.

I now have a free plan in Creative Cloud. Do I need to sign up for a nother plan?

Kinds Regards,

Sanna

• 1. Re: How to add custom fonts to Typekit
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Sanna,

Thank you for your interest in Typekit. Typekit is not font management software; it is a library of fonts that you can sync to your desktop to use alongside the fonts that you have installed locally. This tutorial shows how it works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/using/sync-fonts-desktop.html

You won't upload your other desktop fonts to Typekit. You'll continue to manage them locally in Font Book, Suitcase Fusion, or another font management software.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions or if I misunderstood what you'd like to do! Best,

-- liz

• 2. Re: How to add custom fonts to Typekit
            kellybrewer972

I am having an issue where my font library installed on my computer is no longer available in my CC apps. For instance, I have been using my computer fonts in PS for years, and after the latest CC update, all of my fonts are gone and only Typekit fonts are made available. How do I get my fonts from my computer back in to my CC apps?

Thanks so much,

Kelly

• 3. Re: How to add custom fonts to Typekit
              Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this.  To start, would you check and see if you have accidentally turned on the Typekit filter in the Photoshop font menu?  This filters the font list to only the fonts you have synced from Typekit, and will hide all of your installed fonts.

Here are examples of the font menu with the filter on and off.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 10.25.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 10.26.05 AM.png

If you aren't certain, feel free to post a screenshot of the font menu as you see it and we can take a look. Here are instructions on how to take a screenshot, in case you need them: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you,

-- liz