1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 5:45 AM by Newsgroup_User

CSS Creation where is the CSS placed

tanktery Level 1
      I am creating a website and have a style sheet for layout and one for text styles. I would like to know what the best practice is when placing a style for text treatments, dose one place the styling on text elements such as a <p> tags or layout elements such as a <div> tag. When putting padding for text is it on the text or div?
        • 1. Re: CSS Creation where is the CSS placed
          Level 7
          I know that this is not the answer you want to hear, but sometimes it
          doesn't matter. Other times, it will depend on what else you want to do on
          the page. In other words, it will depend entirely on your markup and the
          layout effect desired.

For example, if you have multiple paragraphs within a div, and you want to
          style all of the paragraphs the same, you would usually place those styles
          on the div, and let them inherit into the paragraphs (assuming that they
          *will inherit*).

Make sense?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"tanktery" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gj59p5$sbd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am creating a website and have a style sheet for layout and one for text
          > styles. I would like to know what the best practice is when placing a
          > style for
          > text treatments, dose one place the styling on text elements such as a <p>
          > tags
          > or layout elements such as a <div> tag. When putting padding for text is
          > it on
          > the text or div?
          >