2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 7:20 AM by jmwalker33

Optimizing PC for After Effects

jmwalker33

Hey all,

First post here ever so I hope I do an okay job describing my inquiry. I have two PCs that are both pretty well suited for After Effects (I believe). Specs are as follows...

i7-6900K

64GB 3000mhz RAM
      2x Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

Asus Rampage V 10 Edition MoBo

Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU

1000W PSU

I already have my caching setup on my separate drive from where I am running and saving the program. My big question is how can I better optimize After Effects on this PC? Don't get me wrong it does a good job... but once you start rendering a few layers with a little bit of math it seems like it bogs down quite a bit. Often when I look at people using older versions of After Effects (in videos) it seems like everything they create renders to their drive for playback. I don't ever see this happening ahead of time on my PC. I also often see that even after playing through something it just renders to RAM (I believe RAM the bright green render marker) and very rarely to the cache. I have a 110GB cache that is not even close to full so I am not sure how this is happening. It doesn't seem there is too much support for After Effects CC users with this regard. I know they took RAM preview out which is a bummer but what am I missing here? I am using the most up to date version of AE CC as well if that matters.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
      Jeff

Message was edited by: Jeffrey Walker This isn't answered... don't know how to take that tag of "Assumed Answered" off that I accidentally applied.