2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 1:49 PM by dougcarney

Reinstall collections

dougcarney

I recently had a hard drive failure which forced me to purchase a new computer and reinstall Lightroom and Photoshop.  After a lot of work and some expense I was finally able to find and reinstall all my photos (40K +) but the collections I've made over the years don't show up in Lightroom any more.  My original collections were sync'd for mobile and I'm still able to view them on my mobile devices and on the web.  Is there anyway I can reinstall those collections into the newly installed version of Lightroom?  I'm reluctant to set up any new collections for fear I'll lose my previously created ones.  

• 1. Re: Reinstall collections
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Have you been able to recover your Catalog file?   (your catalog name.LRCAT)

You did not mention this in your post. (only programs and photos- mentioned)

The catalog file contains everything you have done- edits, collections, saved books, slideshows, etc.

or even recover a recent backup of your catalog that was not on the failed drive?

If you do not have a catalog file, then you will need to start from the beginning with a "clean slate".

• 2. Re: Reinstall collections
            dougcarney Level 1

Thank you wobertc you were a great deal of help.