• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling Change Bars with an Attribute

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 10 and I want to add a capability via an EDD that uses an Attribute to control the display of a change bar for a text range.

I have had success doing this for other font settings such as Underline, but when I try to use the Change Bar font setting the attribute will turn the Change bar on, but will not turn it off.

e.g.

Element (Container): Revst

General rule:    <TEXT>

Attribute list

Name: Document-Revision     String     Required

Name: Revdate     String     Required

Name: Rev-Status     Choice     Optional

Choices:    Current, Superseded

Default:    Current

Name: Source-Data     String     Required

Text format rules

If context is: [Rev-Status = "Current"]

Text range.

Font properties

Change bars: Yes

Else, if context is: [Rev-Status = "Superseded"]

Text range.

Font properties

Change bars: No

As I said, this works fine for underline, but fails for the Change bar.

Is this issue a known bug?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Timothy,

The problem still exists in FM 2015. I have filed a relevant bug: Bug#4196893 - An attribute intended to turn change bars on and off successfully turns them on but not off.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. This behavior does seem to be a bug (which you may wish to report).

There is a workaround. Use Format > Document > Change Bars to clear all change bars. Then reformat the document, for example, by importing element definitions from Current and checking the box to remove format overrides to bring back those change bars that result from the attribute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lynne,

I was aware of the workaround. I was just wondering if this was something known or whether it was something unique to my installation.

It would be great if someone running Frame 10 could check to see if something similar happens, but I can understand if nobody wants to fiddle around with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structured or unstructured FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Structured Framemaker 10. Unfortunately our organisation has to stick with Framemaker 10 for compatibility reasons. At least for now.

I'm not sure reporting this as a Bug would get any response from Adobe. I doubt the're interested in fixing a bug in such an old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Timothy,

The problem still exists in FM 2015. I have filed a relevant bug: Bug#4196893 - An attribute intended to turn change bars on and off successfully turns them on but no...

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect I may have added this to the wrong forum. I had intended it to go into the Structured FrameMaker forum.

Is there any way to get it moved to the correct forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving it now - that's was why I asked ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines