3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 6:49 PM by Eulippia Prime

"Out of focus"

margaretl43073140

I am a new contributor and recently submitted a batch of images as a trial. 2 of the images came back with the rejection of "out of focus." At 100% the only place I notice "out of focus" is in the water. Is that the only place others see?

morning sunrise.jpg

• 1. Re: "Out of focus"
          ChrsBrrss

I wish there was a way to contest the decisions that their algorithm makes (it can't be people making these decisions)

• 2. Re: "Out of focus"
            MatHayward Adobe Employee

In my personal opinion the contrast is overdone in this image and the saturation appears unnatural. You may find a better result submitting this image with less post processing.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: "Out of focus"
              Eulippia Prime Level 1

The detail in this sample is very soft.  If you did use post-processing on it, then consider submitting it "as-is".   The leaf clusters are undefined.  The branches and limbs of the trees are all rather fuzzy.  There is nothing sharp.  Take a look at the photo I have attached.  Look at the more distant elements.  You will see that there is an area that is sharp, and then there is a fall-off to a softer area. Everything does not have to be super-sharp.  At least your primary subject should be sharp.  This one was rejected because of focus.  I think the problem is that it is a rolling focus.  Nevertheless, there are very sharp points and very shallow points and plenty of increments. 

P1060335.JPG

I hope this helps