1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 1:38 PM by ProDesignTools

CS4 - Licensing has stopped working - error 150:30 - How to solve that ?

lauraned78631804

Hi everybody,

I am getting very frustrated not to be able to reach somebody from Adobe on the phone given the price we pay for the softwares .

I have set up a new computer from a back up and when I want to open my Indesign or any component of the CS4 suite, I get the same message :

"Licensing for this product has stopped working.

This product has has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched.

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 150:30"

I am waiting to make sure it all works before I wipe out my old computer, but could that be the reason ? If so, how can I get my licence number from the other computer and get it to this one ???

Thank you very much for your help as Adobe support does not help .

• 1. Re: CS4 - Licensing has stopped working - error 150:30 - How to solve that ?
          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi Lauraned,

Generally restoring software from a backup is going to invalidate your licensing, because the hardware has changed and the Adobe applications will see it as a new system.

You may be able to retrieve your serial number from the old setup using this technique.... But the best option though is to try to find your original purchasing information,

If that doesn't work, then really the only thing is to contact Adobe directly, give them that information, and ask for your key to be reset. They should still be handling activation issues and we here in the forums don't have that power. It's usually easier/faster to use their live online chat service.

Contact Customer Care

Hope that helps!