6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2017 2:02 AM by Sohn Gottes

How can they say this is out of focus

stevem27939366 Level 1

Sure the tree has been blurred but the subject itself is not out of focus.  I had some many people look at this and they can't believe it.

SJM_3875 EDIIT2.jpg

• 1. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
          MatHayward Adobe Employee

I'm sorry but I agree with the moderators on this one. Looking at this image at 100% the eagle is not sharp (I am looking at the eye specifically). In my opinion the shutterspeed was just a hair too slow on this one.

-Mat

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
            stevem27939366 Level 1

Funny thing.  I resubmitted the photo in its original state where the tree branches on the side was not blurred out. Bird is the same.

they accepted it.

• 3. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
              chrisoz45 Level 1

could be over sharpening made this look OOF. but i do have to agree the focus is on the branch not the bird 100%. Love the shot

• 4. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
                Eulippia Prime Level 1

What I have started doing is submitting the original jpegs without alteration.  The reason is that when nearly all of my first images were rejected, this was the reason why - noise grain and other problems with the editing.  The only thing I now do to photos is remove artifacts (spots, dust particles).  It was still rejected for commercial/artistic interest.

On the left is the before, the right is after.

P1020341.JPGSelfie.jpg

• 5. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
                  genoudpresse Level 1

Ce ne sont pas des photographes pro qui valident les envois. Je suis nouveau et j'ai regardé leur site, les photos sont doublées voire triplées. C'est du grand n'importe quoi. Ils n'ont pas tant de clients qu'ils le disent. Ce sont seulement des amateurs qui ne payent pas leurs contributeurs.

• 6. Re: How can they say this is out of focus
                    Sohn Gottes Level 1

I am new to stock photography. What I have learned till now. Is that The different stock websites have different criteria of selection. Some do not decide what contributor uploading and what one will sale. They accept everything just image need to be in focus and title should explain what the image show. I feel Adobe accept mostly those photos which have high commercial demand and should not be edited except small needful crop etc i.e. photo should be natural.

In your image I you have blurred the branches from this it is difficult to tell weather branches were in focus or the bird. The answer is with you to question Where did you focus is it branches or body of bird or head of bird. The head of bird is its main beauty and it must be in focus.

Moreover it looks your image was rejected because of blurred branches.