1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 12:24 PM by Akash Sharma

Sync .dng images from LR mobile (iPhone) to LR desktop

mesoric

I really would like to understand two issues:

1) Is it possible to sync images taken with LR mobile raw format (.dng) from mobile to LR desktop (and not viceversa)?

2) If so, what should I do? The sync between LR mobile to LR web application (lightroom.adobe,com) does work but once images are in LR web there is no way to export .dng to real world or to LR desktop.

What's the purpose of shooting raw on iPhone if images can be exported only in jpeg format?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Sync .dng images from LR mobile (iPhone) to LR desktop
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi mesoric ,

Lightroom will automatically sync your photos to Adobe's cloud and your Lightroom desktop app will pull them down from the cloud to your PC. They will still be in original .dng format and also have all the nondestructive edits applied(if any)..See Shoot in DNG raw in Lightroom for iOS 2.5  for more details.

2) If so, what should I do? The sync between LR mobile to LR web application (lightroom.adobe,com) does work but once images are in LR web there is no way to export .dng to real world or to LR desktop.
          What's the purpose of shooting raw on iPhone if images can be exported only in jpeg format?

As all your synced files will be originals on Desktop as well you can export them as original/DNG/Jpeg.

Regards,

Akash