6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 3:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

filextra4

Level 7
      I'm using Director MX on a PC running XP Professional. I'm trying to get
      the mod date of the current director movie (ultimately I'll need the mod
      date of the projector) using:

fxObj = xtra("FileXtra4").new()
      result = fxObj.fx_FileGetModDate (the moviePath)
      fxObj = 0

Rather than giving me a date/time string as the documentation suggests it
      should, I get

""@"

or double quote, double quote, the "at" symble and another double quote (in
      case the characters don't translate in this forum)

Can anyone tell me why this is?

Craig

• 1. Re: filextra4
          Level 7
          By the way, it returns error code -1 (error of unknown origin). surprse,
          surprise.

"WOMP" <forums@wordofmo.com> wrote in message
          news:gnv5hm$95k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm using Director MX on a PC running XP Professional. I'm trying to get
          > the mod date of the current director movie (ultimately I'll need the mod
          > date of the projector) using:
          >
          > fxObj = xtra("FileXtra4").new()
          > result = fxObj.fx_FileGetModDate (the moviePath)
          > fxObj = 0
          >
          > Rather than giving me a date/time string as the documentation suggests it
          > should, I get
          >
          > ""@"
          >
          > or double quote, double quote, the "at" symble and another double quote
          > (in case the characters don't translate in this forum)
          >
          > Can anyone tell me why this is?
          >
          > Craig
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >

• 2. Re: filextra4
            Level 7
            I dont use FileXtra (since you can do all this easily with BuddyAPI),
            but I suspect that you need to give fx_FileGetModDate a file name. You
            are passing it a pathname, but no file.
            • 3. Re: filextra4
              Level 7
              Silly me. I'm sure that's it. Thanks Mike.

FYI, I'd use buddy API but I'm already using two functions. I bought it
              back in 2000 but it appears that I've lost my registered version. I wrote
              to the company from whom I bought it (Shareit!) in Australia and they took a
              week to get back to me and was of no help. They pointed me to Magic
              Modules. I have yet to contact Gary but I was pretty upset at their blowing
              me off. I certainly won't be doing business with them anymore.

Craig

"Mike Blaustein" <mblaustein@gmail.com> wrote in message
              news:gnv643$9p3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I dont use FileXtra (since you can do all this easily with BuddyAPI), but I
              >suspect that you need to give fx_FileGetModDate a file name. You are
              >passing it a pathname, but no file.

• 4. Re: filextra4
                Level 7
                Hi Craig

> FYI, I'd use buddy API but I'm already using two functions. I bought it
                > back in 2000 but it appears that I've lost my registered version. I wrote
                > to the company from whom I bought it (Shareit!) in Australia and they took a
                > week to get back to me and was of no help. They pointed me to Magic
                > Modules. I have yet to contact Gary but I was pretty upset at their blowing
                > me off. I certainly won't be doing business with them anymore.

Shareit! is just a gateway - I'd be surprised if you got any traction
                with them. The simplest (sensible) thing to do is talk to Gary directly
                who I'm sure will gladly help. I don't think you should be publicly
                slagging him without at least giving him the opportunity to fix anything!
                • 5. Re: filextra4
                  Level 7
                  I have never dealt with ShareIt, but I have dealt with Gary personally
                  on many occasions and he has never failed to be helpful and responsive.
                  One time, I found a bug in one of the functions, and he had a fix for
                  me before the end of the day. He is pretty awesome.
                  • 6. Re: filextra4
                    Level 7
                    I didn't mean to implicate Gary other than the fact that he's trusting his
                    transactions to a company that seemingly won't help me. So I'm sorry if
                    that was inferred. This is not a tech support issue but an issue that deals
                    with my purchasing the xtra in 2000. I still have the receipt but when I
                    asked about the upgrade price or if my purchase is valid for the new
                    version, they referred me to Gary using what was basically a canned
                    response.

I will contact Gary and he may very well take care of my issue.

Craig

"WOMP" <craig@wordofmo.com> wrote in message
                    news:gnv6tn$b11$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Silly me. I'm sure that's it. Thanks Mike.
                    >
                    > FYI, I'd use buddy API but I'm already using two functions. I bought it
                    > back in 2000 but it appears that I've lost my registered version. I wrote
                    > to the company from whom I bought it (Shareit!) in Australia and they took
                    > a week to get back to me and was of no help. They pointed me to Magic
                    > Modules. I have yet to contact Gary but I was pretty upset at their
                    > blowing me off. I certainly won't be doing business with them anymore.
                    >
                    > Craig
                    >
                    > "Mike Blaustein" <mblaustein@gmail.com> wrote in message
                    > news:gnv643$9p3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    >>I dont use FileXtra (since you can do all this easily with BuddyAPI), but
                    >>I suspect that you need to give fx_FileGetModDate a file name. You are
                    >>passing it a pathname, but no file.
                    >
                    >