3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2009 4:18 PM by Rene Szabo

FIG Callout

flairjax Level 1
      So i am using the FIG Callout component for Flex, but in my project when I maximize the component, go into the DetailView state, the component jumps around on the screen.

In my app I click on a Sprite which displays the FIG Callout. If I drag the Sprite around then click on the maximize button on the FIG Callout, before increasing in size the FIG Callout jumps back to where it was when it was instantiated on the stage. So if I add at x=100 and y=100 but then drag the sprite to (x,y) of (200, 400) before the FIG maximizes it jumps back to 100,100 then to 200, 400 and increases in size.

Any suggestions what is wrong?

TIA

• 1. Re: FIG Callout
          Level 7

"dallas_idiot" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go2pbo$r57$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > So i am using the FIG Callout component for Flex, but in my project when I
          > maximize the component, go into the DetailView state, the component jumps
          > around on the screen.
          >
          > In my app I click on a Sprite which displays the FIG Callout. If I drag
          > the
          > Sprite around then click on the maximize button on the FIG Callout, before
          > increasing in size the FIG Callout jumps back to where it was when it was
          > instantiated on the stage. So if I add at x=100 and y=100 but then drag
          > the
          > sprite to (x,y) of (200, 400) before the FIG maximizes it jumps back to
          > 100,100
          > then to 200, 400 and increases in size.

Are you doing anything after the drag is over to change the component's
          coordinates?

• 2. Re: FIG Callout
            flairjax Level 1
            I figured out the issue. The FIG Callout components updateDisplayList always resets the components placement to its starting x,y. Not sure why they coded it like that I would think they would want to leave it only or set it to its current x,y?

Anyway, I made the decision to comment out the resetting of the xy.
            • 3. Re: FIG Callout
              Rene Szabo

can we see your example, i did one too, i played a little with it and did some interesting things. soon i will put the source so anyone can see it. put i am cleaning it a little.

me Exaple is at http://developyourdream.blogspot.com/2009/04/flex-google-maps-tags-y-menu.html

Bye