3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2016 5:10 AM by Günter Heißenbüttel

alter resolution for retina images does not work

sonnenundmondschein Level 1

Hi there  at https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/retina-display.html

they say:

"You can alter the resolution setting after creating a site by choosing File > Site Properties."

when I try this in my file (where already has been normal images imported)  it does not work.

The imported images are still the same and NOT the half size.

I tested it at a new muse file and it worked. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Hanna

• 1. Re: alter resolution for retina images does not work
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

I think, a designer would go crazy, when Muse changes image sizes in this case on its own!

If you have a HiDPI site, or if you convert a normal site to HiDPI, the placed images size remains the same. This is normal and intended.

As you can mix HiDPI images and non HiDPI images , you can inspect the "state" of the asset in your asset panel: The label "2x" indicates, that the image has HiDPI quality. If this label is not shown, is has "normal" quality.Achieving HiDPI quality in the latter case, you have to manually resize the image, until the "2x" label appears, or you have to use a higher resolution image.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: alter resolution for retina images does not work
            sonnenundmondschein Level 1

Thank you, but  I have meant my question differently.

I created a Muse file with standard import size, then I changed this to retina (x2), but the images that I have imported then are NOT shown in half size at the canvas, like it is when I open a new file with highresolution import.

Also it is not possible in my old file what you describe "manually resize the image, until the "2x" label appears,"... THE "X2" SIMPLY DOES NOT APPEAR.

How can I solve this? Does I have to remake my file? (It is already a big one )

• 3. Re: alter resolution for retina images does not work
              Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

The "2x" only appears, if the image really is "2x". Check it by selecting an image, and rest with the cursor on the small icon of the asset in the asset panel.

(Some times the "2x" label is only updated, if the page once was recalculated for example by exporting or previewing in browser).