6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2016 9:44 AM by Roei Tzoref

Animate a dynamic logo

carolinb86761645

Hey!

I just started to use after effects a few weeks ago. Now I would like to animate a dynamic logo I designed in the past.

It should be a fluid animation with a change of forms and colors. So what do you think is the best way to do so?

The image shows a few of the different characters. The one at the top shows the initial position.

Thank you in advance!

Caro

__

Hey!

Ich habe vor einigen Wochen angefangen mich mit After Effects zu beschäftigen. Jetzt würde ich gerne ein dynamisches Zeichen animieren.

Es sollte eine flüssige Animation sein, in der sich die Form und Farbe für jedes Zeichen ändern. Wie würdet ihr in diesem Fall am besten vorgehen?

Das Bild im Anhang beinhaltet einige der Zeichen, das obere zeigt die Ausgang Position.

Danke schonmal,

Caro

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-23 um 16.17.28.png

• 1. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would start in Illustrator and use this technique.

• 2. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

This looks like a vector file in illustrator. If it isn't, you could easily recreate this in illustrator or Ae. After you made a sketch of how exactly do you want it to be animated, Take you initial position logo to Ae and right click on the layer -> create shapes from vector layer. It will create duplicated elements in Ae shape layers. Here you can animate the path and color in interesting ways.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Es sollte eine flüssige Animation sein, in der sich die Form und Farbe für jedes Zeichen ändern. Wie würdet ihr in diesem Fall am besten vorgehen?

Handanimation von ein paar Masken/ Formebenen und der entsprechenden Füllfarben. Muss man ja nicht große Kunst draus machen, erst recht bei so einer niedrigen Anzahl von Knotenpunkten in den Formen. Die Kunst liegt ja ohnehin hier eher darin, die Zwischenstufen interessant aussehen zu lassen und "hässliche" Farben bei den Übergangen der Füllung zu vermeiden, nicht so sehr von A nach B zu kommen.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
                carolinb86761645 Level 1

worked out so far, I figured out how to change the shape but  I don't really get how to color the different parts of the character and change 

• 5. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
                  carolinb86761645 Level 1

unfortunately it didn't work. it looks like a mess

Think I didn't got it.

Thanks for you help!

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-23 um 18.05.24.png

• 6. Re: Animate a dynamic logo
                    Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Shape layers have fill color that can be animated. In fact, They are very close to Ai objects, and if you were comfortable with vector manipulation in Ai, you will have an easy transition to Ae shapes. you also have  operators like merge paths to combine paths or exclude parts. You can animate many parameters and as far as motion graphics is concerned, this should be your main go-to tool. Read about it why don'cha