8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 2:58 PM by larry4545

Image will be move to trash bug

larry4545 Level 1

I made some ACR adjustment and then clicked on the P keyboard button a few time to toggle preview. Then I saw a red X in the upper left of the image I was adjusting. It said the image would be moved to trash.

I looked everywhere to get that X removed, but THERE WAS NO INTUITIVE WAY to get rid of it, so I canceled all my changes. (how does one remove the trash image decision that one does not even choose?)

Are the developers of ACR aware of this nuisance?

• 1. Re: Image will be move to trash bug
          Richard Southworth Level 3

And why do you assume it's an ACR bug?

I was not able to reproduce.  However, if I hit the Backspace key, which is not too far from P, the image got the red X, i.e. slated to be deleted.  Interestingly, the Backspace key was active only if I had a filmstrip, if only one image then no red x appeared.  And yes, the only way to get rid of the red X was to cancel.

Richard Southworth

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Image will be move to trash bug
            larry4545 Level 1

Thanks Richard, you solved it. I consider the P, being to close to a delete a bug.  They should not be near each other.  Why would I bring images in ACR and want to delete some..?

Cancel worked, but as you saw it disappears the whole filmstrip and all the work you may have done. There should be a way to just get rid of the one X.

• 3. Re: Image will be move to trash bug

There seems to be more to the Backspace key action then first meets the eye, at least on my Win 10 PS CC system.  As stated before, I have to have a filmstrip up, i.e. multiple images in Camera Raw, to make it work.  If I first make an adjustment on the selected image, then the Backspace key reverses the adjustment, but does not add the red x for deletion, even if I click on it multiple times.  It appears that only if the Backspace key is the first action after moving to an image on the film strip will it be marked for deletion.

A little bit confusing, maybe somebody else can clarify.  I confess, I've never used this mechanism to delete images, always did it from Bridge.

Richard Southworth

• 4. Re: Image will be move to trash bug
                larry4545 Level 1

I concur Richard! Delete from Bridge! My first x, was a total accident, and we still can't just get that x removed from one image on the ACR filmstrip right?  Maybe one of the gurus will jump in.  

• 5. Re: Image will be move to trash bug

Turns out you can kill the x without Cancel, at least I could.  I pressed Backspace, the red x appeared on selected thumbnail and the selection advanced to the next thumbnail.  I went back to the original film strip thumbnail and pressed Backspace again, killed the red x.

Richard Southworth

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Image will be move to trash bug
                    larry4545 Level 1

Excellent Richard, worked, very non intuitive. Who would think that clicking a delete button would get rid of a delete X? Also, as I clicked delete, it actually forwarded to the next image, but as I moused back your trick worked. Very bad design by ACR.

• 7. Re: Image will be move to trash bug

You don't pick ACR because it has the prettiest/most consistent UI, you use it because you have worked with it ever since it began.  It's as comfortable as an old shoe, and as it evolved there was always the fun and wonder of a new added function.  If you want a "cleaner" UI go for Lightroom.  In other words, it's pointless to gripe about ACR's interface, love it or leave it, but don't waste your time criticizing it.

Richard Southworth

• 8. Re: Image will be move to trash bug
                        larry4545 Level 1

Rich, thanks, I'm not that into LR except for web galleries and watermarks.

Not really criticizing, maybe hoping a developer sees this. What do you think. Do you agree with my points?

Honestly, I was just tapping the P key and next thing, there is an X saying my image is set for deletion, and no intuitive way to get rid of it. No right click..

Thanks for solving.

I don't find ACR that intuitive, and ditto for PS.  Though I don't put as much time into these softwares as you do.