7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 8:47 AM by JimHess

Lightroom Mobile from ACR?

cascadesjohn

I'm not a fan of Lightroom's import process and, still wanting some mobile capability, I don't suppose there's a neat connection between Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile, right?  I understand that ACR is just like Lightroom's Develop module, so I thought maybe it's possible (or should be made to be)??

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi cascadesjohn,

Well, yes Lightroom is the extended version of Adobe Camera raw with some extra feature into it. You can do the same editing and access the similar sliders from Develop Mode which is available in ACR.

Lightroom Mobile is basically can help you to edit the previews, however it has less option compare to desktop version of Lightroom

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?
            cascadesjohn Level 1

Thank you, Mohit. I have a followup question: I understand that photos can travel back and forth between Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile via the Cloud.  Is it equally easy to send photos between ACR and Lightroom Mobile?

John

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no connection between Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile. If you want to use Lightroom Mobile  then it will be necessary for you to also use the  Lightroom desktop.

The Lightroom import process isn't as daunting as you may think it is.  It is simply a  process of showing Lightroom where the images are located on your system, and thus enabling Lightroom  to keep track of those images  and the adjustments that you make to them.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?
                cascadesjohn Level 1

Thanks, Jim. The thing is, I'm a retiree who has taken up photography and photo editing strictly as a hobby. I collect photo-editing apps like beaches collect sand. I simply like doodling with Acorn and Aurora HDR, Affinity Photo and Pixelmator, Lightroom and Photoshop…… It seems that if I've "sold my soul" to Lightroom via the import process, I'm going to get all mixed up when I want to try something in a combination of those other apps. I'm not smart enough to be sure that the changes I make in App A will tag along when I open the photo in App B.

If I organized my photos in the Mac's Finder instead of LR's system, wouldn't I be able to play with multiple photo-editing apps more easily?

Again, thanks.

John

• 5. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?

I am also a  retiree. I don't understand why  you feel you have to work with so many different  editing  programs. I have Lightroom and Photoshop. and I have the Nik pplug-ins that I  use occasionally.  But the bulk of my work  is completed  using only  Lightroom. If you feel compelled  to use these other programs then Lightroom probably isn't going to  be your best choice. If you took the time to  really learn the Lightroom workflow  you would find that you don't need most of those other programs.  The choice is yours, however, of course..  If you like  to dabble  with a lot of different programs  then  go for it.  You are  spinning your wheels and wasting a lot of time.  But that's just my opinion,, and it's worth as much is  you paid for it. At any rate,  there is no provision to integrate Camera Raw with Lightroom Mobile.  Yes,  Lightroom and Camera Raw share the same raw  editing capabilities. However, Camera Raw is a plug-in for Photoshop and Lightroom Mobile  is an extension  of  Lightroom when you have  a subscription to the creative cloud..

• 6. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?
                    cascadesjohn Level 1

I understand. Thanks. As for my messing around with a lot of different programs, it's simply fun for me. Not selling photos, don't have any need for speed, just like the variety of approaches and the ways different programs do different things differently. They all have certain strengths.

• 7. Re: Lightroom Mobile from ACR?

I understand where you are coming from. Occasionally I will read something about a program that entices me to download the trial version to see what it is all about.  But I quickly become frustrated, probably because I have my Lightroom/Photoshop workflow so ingrained in me that nothing else makes sense anymore. I don't sell my photos  either.  I just want the best results possible. Like I said, I have the Nik collection of  plug-ins for Lightroom and Photoshop. And occasionally I will use  Qiimage  to print. But when it comes right down to it, Lightroom is my workhorse. You are probably aware of this. But if you are going to work on  images in Lightroom you should do that first and then export copies to work with in your other programs.  The adjustments that you make in Lightroom  are only stored in the catalog. They are not part of the image file. I'm not trying to convince you to change your workflow. I just want to make sure  you understand the ramifications.