3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 5:16 AM by Steve Grisetti

No supported device has been detected

tezzablue

This has been answered by whsprague in thread - 2103542. My problem is that when I select:-

PAL DV Standard 48Khz

in the copy of Premier Elements 14 that I have just purchased it tells me that it is

- For editing with IEEE1394 (FireWire/i.Link) DV equipment

this has left me very confused as every previous version of Premier Elements I have used it has been plug in and go.

So why is my device not detected?

TezzaBlue

• 1. Re: No supported device has been detected
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Adobe discontinued support for capturing video from tape-based miniDV and HDV camcorders after version 12.

However, as I show you in my books, you can still use free third-party programs (WinDV for miniDV and HDV Split for HDV) to capture your video over a FireWire IEEE-1394 connection and this video will be perfectly editable in Premiere Elements 13, 14 and 15.

• 2. Re: No supported device has been detected
            tezzablue Level 1

Steve, sorry I am unable to see 'correct' below the answer. I know I can use other software but expect things I buy, to do what it says on the tin.

Terry

To: tezza smith <tsh45tsh@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, 24 October 2016, 23:25

Subject:  No supported device has been detected

No supported device has been detected

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionAdobe discontinued support for capturing video from tape-based miniDV and HDV camcorders after version 12. However, as I show you in my books, you can still use free third-party programs (WinDV for miniDV and HDV Split for HDV) to capture your video over a FireWire IEEE-1394 connection and this video will be perfectly editable in Premiere Elements 13, 14 and 15. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9087390#9087390 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9087390#9087390 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: No supported device has been detected
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are writing and reading your posts on the Adobe forum, the Correct button will appear right on the post. Like this:

CorrectAnswer.jpg