Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you're facing problem with the new Compare feature. It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the issue you're facing:
- What is the version of Acrobat Pro DC that you are using?
- What is the OS version of your system?
- Can you please share the files you are facing issue with, if not confidential?
Adobe Acrobat DC Team.
Getting version of application (Acrobat DC)
- Click on 'Help' menu in application
- Click on 'About Adobe Acrobat DC…'
Thank you for your email below and here are replies to your questions:
1. Version of Acrobat: 2015.020.20039 (see screenshot below)
2. OS version of my system is 10.11.6 (El Capitan, see screenshot below).
3. The files are confidential, however, I have as an example attached the following, which I think illustrate the problem:
i) page 3 of the document, which I have saved as an ‘old’ and ‘new’ version (there is one difference between them which is the £54/£56 value in paragraph 5 (both OCR scanned, ie. not just an image).
ii) a screenshot of the document comparison (text only comparison option not selected), which you will see does not highlight this change in any more than all the other bits which it highlights and which are actually the same.
iii) a screenshot of the document comparison (text only comparison option IS selected), which you will see does not recognise any of the text as being the same.
iv) the saved file of the comparison
I hope this is what you needed, please do let me know if you need anything further. I really need a good pdf comparison tool and if Acrobat can do it then I will use it for my business.
Thank you in advance.