4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 10:04 AM by dj_paige

lightroom ques.

randye57793919

after I export my edited pics, how do I get the pics out of LR so I can work on more?

• 1. Re: lightroom ques.
          dj_paige Level 9

how do I get the pics out of LR

I don't understand, your exported photos are "out of LR" and you can work on those (although there are better ways to send photos to another photographic editor program)

Or you can go back into LR and work on the photos some more.

Please explain in more detail.

• 2. Re: lightroom ques.
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't seem to understand the Lightroom workflow. The images that are imported into Lightroom are your master images, and Lightroom never makes any changes to those images. They remain in their pristine state as when they were first downloaded. All adjustments are stored in the Lightroom catalog. When you want to share an image or send it to a lab to be printed you export a copy that includes all of the adjustments. But you should consider just keeping your master images in the Lightroom catalog. If you really want to "work on them" after you have finished using Lightroom then you would export copies and work on those copies in other software.

• 3. Re: lightroom ques.
              randye57793919 Level 1

I'm new to this.  the pics that I adjusted are still on the strip at the bottom. they confuse me .  if I import more pics will the ones that I finished be off the strip?

• 4. Re: lightroom ques.
                dj_paige Level 9

You really ought to read/watch some tutorials rather than try to figure it out yourself.

Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV

Free Adobe Lightroom Quick Start PDF eBooks to learn the basics

To answer your question, after you import photos into Lightroom, they remain imported into Lightroom until you specifically tell Lightroom to remove them. So when you import more photos, the previous ones are still there, with their edits. IMPORTANT NOTE: the photos themselves are not in Lightroom, they are on your hard disk somewhere; importing means that now Lightroom knows about them and you can do things in Lightroom with the photos, like edit, print, export, slideshow, etc.