2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 4:24 AM by nicolasbalcazar

Managing disk space on Mobile Phone when shooting DNGs

nicolasbalcazar

Hi there,

so i've been shooting with the awesome lightroom camera for a while now, and my smartphone just said its out of space (32GB). I noticed that the DNG files save on my phone are all aroung 25MB big, which is 5x that a normal camera photo used to be, which is ok, but my question is: can I savely remove them all from my phone, once I synced with lightroom mobile onto my PC or Mac ?

I tried removing most of the photos that were test shots or no good shots form the lightroom mobile library, but that does NOT remove them from the phone Having a feature or choice to remove the photo from the phone as well would be ideal! Just like in Lightroom for PC, it asks you: "remove from library only or also from disk?"

Cheers!

Nicolas

• 1. Re: Managing disk space on Mobile Phone when shooting DNGs
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Once the originals are on your computer in Lightroom desktop it is possible to delete them from the phone. Not sure why you are not freeing up space on the phone. Is it an iPhone? Are the images also in the iOS Photos App?

You may need to create a sync'd collection in LR desktop for your best images so that smaller smart previews are syn'd back to the phone.

• 2. Re: Managing disk space on Mobile Phone when shooting DNGs
            nicolasbalcazar Level 1

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm running Android (latest version Nougat, on a Nexus 5X), wasn't aware that iPhone also supports DNGs.

I'm not freeing up space, cause there is no native way in doing so with the DNGs. These are in some subfolders. I will delete them now then.

Only some very few photos show up in the native google photos app. I think it's the ones I was not patient enough to get imported into lightroom (mobile) directly after taking the picture. (its good that they don't show up in the google photos app, as this one just gets slow and laggy with the big DNGs)