10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 12:38 PM by Szalam

New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?

davcd27836974 Level 1

why is quality so bad/foggy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZS68B-xTI&feature=youtu.be

plugin twixtor

recordet with samsung camera ek-gc100 1280 x 720 (60FPS)

composite settings HDV/HDTV 720 29,97

twixtor frame rate 60FPS and speed 2%

also used enable time remapping

and used media encorder YouTube 720p HD

is because of shity samsung camera ek-gc100 quality i thinking about buying sony rx100 v soon

what whould be perfect fps record and twixtor speed for nice quality  for very slow mo?

how ppls make so good quality with twixtor ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6840hsOL-Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dSrplNluE

• 1. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

To slow something down that much, you need a special camera designed to shoot at high frame rates like 1200 frames/sec.  You had... what. 59.94?  That's nothing.

Twixtor's good at slo-mo, but it can't work miracles... and you want a miracle.  What you really need is a camera that's capable of shooting good slo-mo.

• 2. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's not your camera. You are just asking way too much from the software. Think about divding time into 60 slices per second. Imagine each of the slices is 1/120th of a second long. This is what your camera is recording. Now imagine the lemon dropping into the glass in 1/8 of a second. That means the lemon is going to move from the top of the frame to the bottom of the glass in 4 or 5 frames. 

That is all good. Now you change the playback rate to 2% so 1 second doesn't take 10 seconds (10%) but 1 second now takes 50 seconds to play back. Since you are keeping the same playback rate the 5 frames it took for the lemon to droop have now become 25 frames. Only 5 of those frames are going to contain the original pixels. The other 20 are going to be created by predicting where the pixels are going to move. Without some serious advanced hand work with mask paths and vector prediction about all the software can do is average the position change of pixels with similar color and luminance values. That is why the lemon looks like it is changing shape and density.

To to even get close to an acceptable result you need to spend some serious time going through the advanced tutorials on the manufactures website. YouTube is not going to be a good resource for the training you need.

Personally I would never try to get smooth motion at any lower than about 15% - 20%.

If you need real slow motion you need a camera that shoots about 240fps.  Be aware that shooting at a high frame rate like that brings all kinds of other problems  to the surface.

• 3. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
              davcd27836974 Level 1

which site l do you recomand me for tutorials?

• 4. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

davcd27836974 wrote:

The iPhone 7 can shoot 720P video at 240 fps and 1080P video at 120 fps.

• 5. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
                  davcd27836974 Level 1

i dont need phone i already have but if is better then any camera under 1000$ then i maybe gona buy  but im android fan

I want to seriously deal with slow mo

• 6. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?

davcd27836974 wrote:

i dont need phone i already have but if is better then any camera under 1000$ then i maybe gona buy but im android fan

I was just suggesting that, if you have a good smartphone, you may already have a decent way to capture high frame rate footage. Your phone may do something like that depending on which Android phone you're using. If you have any friends with iPhones (I know the 6s can do high frame rates too, but I don't know about the 6), you can try theirs out.

But it would be silly to buy a smartphone for a video camera.

The GoPro - HERO4 Black 4K Action Camera shoots at the same frame rates as the iPhone, and it's $100 off at Best Buy right now, if you live in the United States.

But, an even better price (on sale for $155 off at Best Buy) is the Sony X1000. (And it has better image quality and better stabilization too.) It looks like pretty decent bang for the buck.

Again, at full HD, you can go as fast as 120 fps and at 720p, you can do 240 fps. That's pretty cool, but it's not "serious".

davcd27836974 wrote:

I want to seriously deal with slow mo

If you really "want to get serious", you are going to have to spend some money. More than you've budgeted for I think. I don't know any cameras that shoot really high frame rates for under a thousand dollars. Now, the FPS1000 camera line has some pretty cheap options. Their cheapest can shoot 500 frames per second at 720p, but it's £1,299.

• 7. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
                      davcd27836974 Level 1

i have galaxy s6 all my freinds have android what about sony rx100 iv or v ? FPS1000 camera line  not sure if they shipping this came in EU  but with all shipping + taxes will be around 2000 euro :S

btw best ratio should be  for record fsp / twixtor speed  i mean if i record 500 fps and want make more slower how much speed should i make for still good video if i want make extreme slow?

• 8. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?

davcd27836974 wrote:

btw best ratio should be for record fsp / twixtor speed i mean if i record 500 fps and want make more slower how much speed should i make for still good video if i want make extreme slow?

This is very dependent on how the footage is shot and what you want it to look like. Some footage is a lot easier to use Twixtor on than other footage. A busy background is going to make things much harder. So, in the case of your example, you're shooting down at water over a granite counter (or whatever). There is way too much detail there, so Twixtor can't tell what pixels are what. If you shot it from the side at a blank background, you would have a higher quality result from Twixtor. Also, you can use roto and masks to help Twixtor figure out what is what.

• 9. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?
                          davcd27836974 Level 1

i thinking about buying sony rx100 iv or v  its also can shoot  500 frames per second at 720p

• 10. Re: New With  Adobe After Effects Whats Wrong with this Video?

The V looks like a really good camera for the money.