9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 7:43 AM by whsprague

elements 15 organizer

kenb41412861

how to load photos on my computer into this stupid program in the organizer.

• 1. Re: elements 15 organizer
          whsprague Adobe Community Professional

Don't use it.  Turn it off.  Premier and Photoshop Elements work fine without it.

• 2. Re: elements 15 organizer
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you've got a stupid program, you should replace it.

• 3. Re: elements 15 organizer
              kenb41412861 Level 1

Steve . . . . .  I am very frustrated with Elements 15. . . . . I could not

find how to load photos into the Orgainzer section.  AND, I could not get

any help from Adobe..  They collect a lot of money for the program, and do

not support..  No instruction manual.

How are you susposed to figure out how to use the stupid program.  They

need to give some sort of help.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: elements 15 organizer

kenb41412861 wrote:

Steve . . . . . I am very frustrated with Elements 15. . . . . I could not

find how to load photos into the Orgainzer section. AND, I could not get

any help from Adobe.. They collect a lot of money for the program, and do

not support.. No instruction manual.

How are you susposed to figure out how to use the stupid program. They

need to give some sort of help.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

I'm not Steve, but will try to answer.

Premier Elements, Photoshop Elements and Organizer are not stupid.  There are in the 15th version and each has added capabilities. The are complex.

Premier Elements, Photoshop Elements and Organizer are used around the world in a dozen or more languages by millions of people.

There are so many users that a small industry of educators make a living teach and writing about Premier Elements, Photoshop Elements and Organizer.  Any library or bookstore will have more books on these programs than anything else, except maybe Photoshop CC.  Amazon has books.

That said, support and learning methods have evolved with the internet.  There is no end of training and learning opportunities.  Start with these Adobe provided links:

Photoshop Elements Help

Adobe Premiere Elements Help 

Notice that toward the bottom of those two links is another link to a complete, downloadable manual in a .pdf format.   Also a link to Organizer help files.

Steve himself has written books and has a website devoted to learning.    *** Welcome to Muvipix.com ***  Buy one of his books!

Another major learning resource is Lynda.com, now owned by Microsoft.  It is school with exceptionally good courses.  A lot of libraries offer free access.

And then there is YouTube.

Regarding your request for direct help from Adobe, it is not there.  No software company can afford an on demand bank of phone operators.  Any earnings made from a $100 piece of software would evaporate in the first 10 seconds.  After that it would be a loss.

Good luck.  Please enjoy the learning process.  You can't help but have fun with all the great resources available.

Bill

• 5. Re: elements 15 organizer

I found another good Adobe provided link for "getting started" with Premier Elements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/topics/getting-started-tutorials.html?trackingid =49F59S1L&mv=other

• 6. Re: elements 15 organizer
                    kimc93904645

What do you do then when the Elements 15 version you have just bought and downloaded comes up with an error when you try to add media?

I try to add media from a camera but it comes up with an "internal error" saying: "PhotoDownloader cannot start because of missing files. Please reinstall" ... which I have done without any succes.

Bg

Kim

• 7. Re: elements 15 organizer

"Add Media from Cameras and Devices" is something I never do.  It implies the camera is plugged into the computer.  It should probably work, but it adds a variable involving the camera and operating system. 

I suspect there is an odd conflict between your camera and computer.   What is the camera, file type and format?

Instead, I use other methods of organizing my clips into a file structure.  Then I "Add Media From Files and Folders".  Can you try that?

Bill

• 8. Re: elements 15 organizer
                        kimc93904645 Level 1

Hi Bill

Thanks for getting back. And yes, I’ve used the method ‘from files and folders’ and that works.

However, in Elements 14 the other method also worked and the way the fault is described it sounds as if my 15-version is incomplete which worries me … As in: what other files might be missing besides this one …  ;-/

Best regards,

Kim

Fra: whsprague 

Sendt: 28. oktober 2016 16:08

Til: kim caspersen

Emne:  elements 15 organizer

elements 15 organizer

created by whsprague <https://forums.adobe.com/people/whsprague>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9097660#9097660>

• 9. Re: elements 15 organizer

I would be concerned too.  I'm not sure what I would do to isolate what files might be missing.