3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 1:29 PM by Paevo Kelley

Are we getting an update too?

TimTimmers Level 1
      Just wondering if Fireworks CS4 users can expect an update soon to fix all the known issues that we've been struggling with. Please say yes LOL.
        • 1. Re: Are we getting an update too?
          Garry Bradley Level 1
          I'm using FW CS4 on my iMac 2.8Ghz to prototype web sites and I'm really disappointed with the reaction speed of most commands.

It does most things I need to do very well just at a fraction of the speed of an app like Photoshop. When you're used to this speed it just becomes plain frustrating. I've also had unexpected crashes along the way but I can live with these as it could be anything like a rogue font and as I save every couple of seconds I never really lose too much work.

It's great to see the CS4 gloss on the surface but I feel underneath there's some first generation code slowing the whole thing up as it's only a recent addition to Adobe's software. I guess they've not been able to optimise the running code for it yet to the point where Photoshop is at.

I don't think any bug fixes for FW will improve it's speed, just stability which isn't a bad thing but I wonder if it'll make it to CS5 for a speed revamp?
          • 2. Re: Are we getting an update too?
            ageofem Level 1
            The answer is YES. hehe , this is what Sarthak said in the fireworks linkedin group
            -----------------------

Fireworks CS4 release to be patched

Its official now. Fireworks will be releasing a patch for its last release version. Text issues are the main focus areas.
            • 3. Re: Are we getting an update too?
              Paevo Kelley Level 2
              FW is always second to PS in the pecking order...