1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 5:00 AM by Cesare Rocchi

Flex and AIR

Kurrykid Adobe Community Professional
      After I upgraded to AIR 1.5, I had some issues with my project lauching. A search on the Internet turned up that I had to change the name space line of code in the .xml file. This line <application xmlns=" http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5"> needed to be changed from 1.1 to 1.5.

Now that was when I was on a Vista machine. When I use my laptop (which has XP), I have to change the line back to 1.1 otherwise the preview wouldn't lauch.

So how does this translate to your application when you have distributed it? If someone updated AIR on their machine, is it going to break your application? I guess I'm just a little surprised that it's not more transparent.

On a side note, a few months ago I had a Flex application no longer work once I upgraded to the Flash 10 player. I still haven't went back and fixed it yet (not sure what broke) but I would hope this isn't a trend here.

Any thoughts?

Dave
        • 1. Re: Flex and AIR
          Cesare Rocchi Level 2
          quote:

Originally posted by: Kurrykid
          Now that was when I was on a Vista machine. When I use my laptop (which has XP), I have to change the line back to 1.1 otherwise the preview wouldn't lauch.

probably because you did not update you laptop to Adobe Air 1.5 COMPILER.

quote:

So how does this translate to your application when you have distributed it? If someone updated AIR on their machine, is it going to break your application? I guess I'm just a little surprised that it's not more transparent.

If you compile an application with air 1.1 compiler it works on 1.5. virtual machine (though somebody reported some installation issue.

quote:

On a side note, a few months ago I had a Flex application no longer work once I upgraded to the Flash 10 player. I still haven't went back and fixed it yet (not sure what broke) but I would hope this isn't a trend here.

This looks a pretty different issue and you should explain what you mean by "no longer work".

HTH.