0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 10:29 AM by The-Cado

Adobe PE11 'has stopped working' on app launch

The-Cado

Hi, I recently updated my Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 to driver version 375.63, and because of that, Adobe Premiere Elements 11 stops working on application launch.

I tried:

1. Fresh Premiere Install from the disc.

Has stopped on launch

2. Checked for Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 and Windows 10 Updates

Saw nothing over the course of 2 days

Saw the 'Feedback' button on Nvidia's Geforce Experience, and sent a comment letting Nvidia know the driver might be stopping premiere from working.

3. Fresh Premiere Install from Adobe's website

Has stopped on launch

4. Read random tech forums/discussions

5. Defrag/Disk Clean my SSD OS(C:)

Also did my HDD, source storage, and External HDD, file storage, for good measure.

6. Read Adobe Forums

Read only 5; submitted over the past year or so.

7. Installed MS Visual C++ Redis. for Visual Studio 2012

Repaired first.

Launched vc_redist.x64.exe again, had already installed, or a newer version.

Guess I should have uninstalled and then reinstalled, oh well.

Source for [7's] information was from the Adobe Help involving Win7/Win8 to Win10 upgrade with Adobe PE13/Adobe PE14 installed.

8. Install an older Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Driver Version from Nvidia's website

Version that for sure works with PE11: 372.54

No issues are really present in this post, just me, writing here, to anyone out there frustrated or confused as to why Premiere Elements would crash on an up to date computer. This actually feels kind of pointless and time consuming, but I keep everything up to date, and if something doesn't work, shouldn't a responsible consumer let the developer know of the issue, instead of remaining silent or lashing out in a negative manner? Eh, whatever, I wrote this, I did it, its done.

My rig:

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Driver Version 372.54

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K @4GHz

Ram: 16GB GDDR5

Note: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 was installed after the OS.

Note: Photoshop works fine!

Error with GTX 980 Driver Version 375.63

Information from the Event Viewer

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5041d43d

Faulting module name: dvacore.dll, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50408171

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x00000000000e0dfb

Faulting process id: 0x1478

Faulting application start time: 0x01d22ed94d6c0f85

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\dvacore.dll

Report Id: 91ae1207-7887-486a-bcb3-c028b06219c4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: