• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Packager won't uninstall when updating

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CC Packager I have successfully created a package of updates for app previously installed with CCP.

(Apps were installed via CC packager - Device License)

However, when the package is created - the build log includes a warning

10/25/2016 15:53:44 [WARN] AdobePackageBuilder - No file exist at C:\\*******\Build\ASU\Tools\CCC\Uninstall\deploy\remove.xml

When I download the package to a computer and use the .msi file it works...however it has NOT uninstalled the previous version of the software.

(I am assuming it's due to the warning above.)

For example, I now have Premiere Pro CC 2015 AND Premiere Pro CC 2015.3.

Is there a way to get it to uninstall the previous version so I don't end up with duplicates?

Thanks!

Kristen Baldridge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

When you deploy a package created via CCP it will not uninstall previous versions.

(installing via the Creative Cloud Desktop App will however).

If you have the original MSI file, you can uninstall the application with the command:

msiexec /uninstall <MSI file>.msi /qn

Some applications can be uninstalled via another command line option.

See 'Uninstall products using command line' section in the following document:

Deploy packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you deploy a package created via CCP it will not uninstall previous versions.

(installing via the Creative Cloud Desktop App will however).

If you have the original MSI file, you can uninstall the application with the command:

msiexec /uninstall <MSI file>.msi /qn

Some applications can be uninstalled via another command line option.

See 'Uninstall products using command line' section in the following document:

Deploy packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I need a short team solution to deploy Extension updates to my team. Since the Adobe Exchange is going through some updates, and currently lacks the ability to deploy private Extensions.

I can manually create a "package" using the Admin Console, and have each member of my team install the .zxp Extension inside a package installer, and I did some test, and it works but I have a few questions!

1. Does the previous .zxp Extension installed through the Adobe Exchange: Creative Cloud need to be manually removed from each client before each team member installs the new .zxp Extension using a package installer create with the Admin Console?

2. Will the .zxp Extension installed using the package installer, update if the client runs a newer package installed with an updated .zxp Extension?

3. Once the Adobe Exchange supports private Extension installs, what is the correct way to remove the .zxp Extensions my team installed using the package installer?

Thanks!

Scott Rays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines