Exit

Build in multiple pauses and one continue button

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working in Captivate 9.0.2...

To keep things simple for my learners, on a particular slide, i want to build in a few moments the slide pauses (to give the learner a break) the user can continue by clicking a continue button.

The continue button was no problem .

How do i add multiple pauses in a slide? The whole slide, including timed-in and -out objects and audio (TTS) should pause several times (each sentence)...

Hope i'm being clear enough?

Thanks,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Could you post a screenshot of that slide? My suspicion is that this slide is much too long, is there any reason why you didn't distribute the content over multiple slides (much easier to set up what you want)?

You can pause a slide by inserting a click box, and since you want several pauses, by staggering those click boxes. Use one Continue button, that will release the playhead by the command 'Continue'

CBPause.PNG

Be careful if you have audio on that slide: slide audio can be paused by the click boxes, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of that slide? My suspicion is that this slide is much too long, is there any reason why you didn't distribute the content over multiple slides (much easier to set up what you want)?

You can pause a slide by inserting a click box, and since you want several pauses, by staggering those click boxes. Use one Continue button, that will release the playhead by the command 'Continue'

CBPause.PNG

Be careful if you have audio on that slide: slide audio can be paused by the click boxes, but you'll have to indicate it in the Options tab of the click box. Other audio (object audio, Play Audio command) cannot be paused easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick response. This was exactly what i needed.

The slide is 'only' 27 seconds long but since, on this particular slide, learners have to see what builds up and listen to steps this was the best way to manage. I did consider other ways (more slides).

Again; Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should test out this design assumption and possibly rethink the approach because most adult learners I'm familiar with would find this very annoying. 

Give the learner just one button they can use to pause or play the content as THEY would like.  Don't mandate the pauses for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will, thanks. I think for this particular purpose they are happy that they don't have to pause the steps i created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources