• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backgrounds from recorded slides impossible to remove..

Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently recorded a software simulation that I am making into an eLearning.  I noticed that on several slides I can remove the background (Project Background), which is really just a screenshot of the software, and parts of it remain. It's like these parts were stained into the original background.

The work around is, of course, to completely cover it manually with another background, but if I try to fuse the new background with the the real background, the "stained" parts can be seen again.

Another odd phenomenon by this project:  When video is on the slide because the scrollbar was used during recording, the resolution during playback shrinks and parts of the software disappear.

On an ipad, the problem is different.  When the video (or scrolling) begins, the entire project disappears for a split second, and then again when the video (or scrolling) stops.

Any ideas would be great.  -Ryan Captivate 9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

It happens sometimes that small things are shown on the background which you cannot remove easily. When capturing, it is recommended to use a manual screenshot regularly, so that you can replace backgrounds when necessary.

As for the FMR slides (Full Motion Recording slides), especially for HTML output I find that the quality is much better if you replace those slides by Video Demo slides.  It cannot be done automatically, which is a pity. You have to stop the normal capture when you expect a FMR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens sometimes that small things are shown on the background which you cannot remove easily. When capturing, it is recommended to use a manual screenshot regularly, so that you can replace backgrounds when necessary.

As for the FMR slides (Full Motion Recording slides), especially for HTML output I find that the quality is much better if you replace those slides by Video Demo slides.  It cannot be done automatically, which is a pity. You have to stop the normal capture when you expect a FMR slide to e inserted, than insert a Video Demo slide with the Slides button and execute the 'movements', then stop again and add more normal simulation slides. Quality of FMR slides (which are Flash-based) is pretty low compared to the static slides if you use 16-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri,

Ok, thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources