Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Firefox" html doesn't open in other browsers

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

A fellow colleague of mine published her cptx project in a html format.

However, she is using Firefox so the html file appears to be compatible only with the Firefox browser. As a result, the "Firefox" html file cannot be opened from other fellow colleagues that use other Browsers (like Internet Explorer).

I would think that the html file would open instantly on any other browser irrespective of whether it was published from a person that uses Firefox.

Do you possible now how I could fix that issue?

From a small investigation that I did in that forum, I found out that Captivate Projects are not supported from Firefox? Does this still to be the case? Could that be responsible for the fact that I cannot open a "Firefox" html file?

Thank you in advance,
Iasmi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

HTML5 content is NOT just an HTML file.  There are scores (if not hundreds) of related files required for the content to play properly.

As a result, some web browsers will only play HTML5 content when it's from a web server or from a web-server-like environment.  (Firefox may not be so picky but others are.)

Tell your colleagues they should either run the content from within a Localhost web server on their computers or else upload it to a web server and view from there.

HTML5 is intended to be run

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 8 was not compatible with Firefox, Captivate 9 is compatible.  Can you ask your colleague if she changed the default HTML file that Captivate adds to the published folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

no she hasn't changed it.

Kind regards,

Iasmi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, do not play the published file locally but load it up either on a webserver or (if it is meant to be deployed on a LMS) on SCORM Cloud. That is the best way of testing for any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi to both,

it makes sense - I will try that!

Thanks to both of you for the prompt help.

Kind regards,
Iasmi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 content is NOT just an HTML file.  There are scores (if not hundreds) of related files required for the content to play properly.

As a result, some web browsers will only play HTML5 content when it's from a web server or from a web-server-like environment.  (Firefox may not be so picky but others are.)

Tell your colleagues they should either run the content from within a Localhost web server on their computers or else upload it to a web server and view from there.

HTML5 is intended to be run from a web server in the end anyway because that's the only way mobile devices will likely be able to view the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources