1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 8:49 AM by Szalam

Huge new workflow booster in AE - and it's free!

Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I know some folks poo-poo Video Copilot for producing easy-to-use plugins that newbies can just slap on stuff and look good, but this new tool is in a different league entirely. This is one, massive, workflow changer in After Effects. Nothing flashy, but SO MANY clicks are going to be saved.

Not only does this new, free, tool give you some of the power of C4D's commander - in that it lets you quickly pull up and apply any effect or preset, but it's got some awesome built-in features for "changing" the defaults for effects you apply in AE and adds some great stills-grabbing functionality to After Effects as well. This is going to save me so much time. Seriously. Just watch the video.

Once you get past the jokes and goofiness in the beginning, it is a much more powerful tool than it first appears. The overrides, black listing, shortcuts, and favorites combined with Animation Presets you build in AE is huge. HUGE!

VCP blog post and download link here: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/10/new-workflow-plug-in-fx-console-is-now-available/

I've been asking for something like this in AE ever since I found the commander in C4D and it's even better than I imagined.

(There are some bugs in non-English installs of AE and with some multi-monitor setups. They're supposed to getting fixed for an imminent update.)