6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 9:00 AM by JimHess

after subscription expires

gongzhul48568465

I am planning on making a one year purchase of this lightroom cc software, but I am having some issues with what would happen after my subscription expires.

Currently, the only functionality I am using is editing metadata using meta-data pre-sets, but once my subscription expires will I still be able to obtain these metadata that corresponds to each photo by searching my folders or will I have to re-subscripbe in order to access to this information?

• 1. Re: after subscription expires
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens to Lightroom after my membership ends?

You've still got access to the Library module after your subscription ends.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: after subscription expires
            thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You have access to all modules expect Maps and Develop.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: after subscription expires
              gongzhul48568465 Level 1

Does it mean the data will become unportable, say if i download this software after sub expired on another computer, and i want to copy these files contain metadata and picture on another computer if so which exact folders will I be aiming for?

And also thanks so much for answering my question that helps a lot!

• 4. Re: after subscription expires
                gongzhul48568465 Level 1

Does it mean the data will become unportable, say if i download this software after sub expired on another computer, and i want to copy these files contain metadata and picture on another computer if so which exact folders will I be aiming for?

• 5. Re: after subscription expires
                  dj_paige Level 9

gongzhul48568465 wrote:

When your subscription expires, you can still EXPORT (not "copy") the photos and all of your edits and metadata will be present in the exported photo. You can export the photos to any folder you'd like them to be in.

• 6. Re: after subscription expires
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your images are not "in" Lightroom,  but are in folders on your computer. The adjustments  and changes that you make in the develop module will still be in the catalog, and you will have access to that catalog. You will be able to export copies  of your images that iinclude all of those adjustments. But you will not  have access to the develop module. You can make some adjustments in the library module using the quick develop features.

Others might disagree with my  perspective. But if you only plan  to subscribe for a year you might make a better choice of purchasing Lightroom 6. You  won't have every feature  Lightroom has  to offer, But you won't become accustomed to features  that you ultimately  will lose. What is your thinking  when you consider subscribing for only one year?   You mentioned  installing the software on another computer. Without the subscription you wouldn't be able to use the develop module.