• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken/missing images when copying from one project to another.

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

I've been building pages in RH project #1 by copying and pasting text and images from a separate RH project #2. While working in RH #1 all the images are there. When I publish, half of them are not.

Doesn't RH automatically add copied and pasted files to the project into which they are pasted?

If not, how do I get these images into the project so they get published? It tried pasting them all into the FlashHelp folder, where the other published files are, but this has had no effect.

More, I have to use this technique again and again (long story 😉 so I really need to get this solved.

Thanks.

stevenjs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to get some clarification--you're saying that the problem appears when you are generating your output from project #2? Or just when you publish after generating from project #2?

My guess would be that you're copying the code for the image but not the image itself. Try this:

1. Copy the entire folder of images from project #1 into the project #2 directory.
2. Do your copying and pasting from project #1 into #2 like you've been doing.
3. Generate from project #2 and see if the images show up in the output.

I know you say you have reasons for copying and pasting, but I just want to mention the possibility of importing topics instead, which will copy everything over into project #2. But you've probably already thought about that.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing will update paths and import images, but pasting doesn't.

I think you'll need to change all the image paths and double-check the hyperlink paths as well. You may find they point to your RH#2 project directories, or point to a non-existent folders/topics if they are relative paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugg.

At least the interface makes updating paths relatively easy.

Thank you, Amebr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2009 Feb 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Amebr, I'm having the same problem importing FrameMaker documents. Half the images don't show up in RH interface, never mind when publshing. A blank placeholder appears in the interface when clicked.

And yet their file names are listed in the project folder when I look at properties for the missing image placeholder.

Any idea what is going on here? How do I get these missing images to show up in interface (if necessary, I'll deal with paths for publishing later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp