8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 6:08 PM by SueKnotts

Installing presets into local adjustments folder

ziggy robideaux

None of my presets that I have purchased will show up in the adjustment brush when I have it on, even though it shows them all housed (not in a subfolder) in the local adjustments folder. They show up as presets in developers module. I am super frustrated as I was on chat 2x with Adobe this morning and on the phone. I have installed and reinstall all the presets a dozen times (definition of insanity) and I even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall LR!!!! I have never had such a frustrating time with this. I want to use some of these nice presets with my adjustment brush!!!!!

• 1. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe these are Develop presets and not local adjustment brush presets? Where did you get them and what are the called? Open one of the presets with any Text Editor. If it's an adjustment brush preset it will show "LocalizedAdjustmentPreset" next to type:

s = {

id = "5D68DBAD-147B-4CD3-833A-803DFA2C5C78",

internalName = "Teeth Whitening",

title = ZSTR "$$$/AgDevelop/Localized/Preset/TeethWhitening=Teeth Whitening",

type = "LocalizedAdjustmentPreset",

value = {

• 2. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder
            ziggy robideaux Level 1

These are develop preset from DPS and Kelby 1- I feel confused-mans now to boot, when I am editing pictures using PS, LR is not giving me the dialogue box with the options to work with. When I save in PS, the edits made in PS are not showing up in LR????Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 4.38.31 PM.png

• 3. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder

The presets you show look like Develop presets....the names don't sound like brush descriptions. Please provide a URL link to where you downloaded these LR templates.

ziggy robideaux wrote:

I feel confused-mans now to boot, when I am editing pictures using PS, LR is not giving me the dialogue box with the options to work with.

Are you talking about using 'Edit in Photoshop' from inside LR. If so you will only see a dialouge box when using non-raw files (TIFF, JPEG) or when PS and LR don't have the same version of ACR. For the 2nd case you will see the below dialouge box. What version of LR and PS are you using? Go to Help> About... in LR and in PS to see the version number.

ziggy robideaux wrote:

When I save in PS, the edits made in PS are not showing up in LR????

What edits are you making in PS and does the actual file saved in PS (TIFF) appear or NOT appear inside LR? When using Edit in PS command LR creates a new file. You won't see the edits applied to the original file in LR, only to the file copy, which is usually a TIFF file.

• 4. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder
                ziggy robideaux Level 1

Thanks for all your help~ apparently, the last set of presets that I got when I bought the package, were the ones for the adjustment filter and they work exactly as the are suppose to...as for the dialog box when exporting a picture from LR to PS I guess I was use to it popping up when I would go to edit and then after saving it in PS, both images would stack next to one another in LR. I keep saving the picture that I am editing in PS, but it is not reappearing in LR??? They are in my pictures original file though. I am not sure why this is happening, when it has never happened before.Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 4.33.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-29 at 4.34.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-29 at 4.40.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-29 at 4.45.46 PM.png

• 5. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder
                  SueKnotts

I have the same problem! I downloaded LR Adjustment brush presets from Cole's Classroom. I see them in the correct Local Adjustment preset folder - along with a few other that were already there, but when I re-open LR and select the Adj brush on right, there are no dropdown boxes, The "save in catalogue box is NOT checked in the preset preference.

• 6. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder

ziggy robideaux wrote:

Thanks for all your help~ apparently, the last set of presets that I got when I bought the package, were the ones for the adjustment filter and they work exactly as the are suppose to...a

OK, so the new presets are Develop presets and not Brush presets, which explains the issue correct?

ziggy robideaux wrote:

as for the dialog box when exporting a picture from LR to PS I guess I was use to it popping up when I would go to edit and then after saving it in PS

As explained the Edit in PS dialogue box only appears in LR with non-raw files or when LR and PS ACR plugin are not at the same version level. Both your LR and PS versions are the latest so you shouldn't see that 2nd dialogue box in my last reply.

ziggy robideaux wrote:

then after saving it in PS, both images would stack next to one another in LR. I keep saving the picture that I am editing in PS, but it is not reappearing in LR??? They are in my pictures original file though. I am not sure why this is happening, when it has never happened before.

Try changing Sort Order to File Name. Do the Edit in PS files now appear next to the originals?

If you actually want the images "stacked" make sure LR Preferences> External Editing has 'Stack with Original' checked.

• 7. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder

SueKnotts wrote:

I have the same problem! I downloaded LR Adjustment brush presets from Cole's Classroom. I see them in the correct Local Adjustment preset folder - along with a few other that were already there, but when I re-open LR and select the Adj brush on right, there are no dropdown boxes, The "save in catalogue box is NOT checked in the preset preference.

I'm not sure what you mean by "boxes." Some of the presets in your screenshot are Adjustment Brushes (i.e. Brush -) and some are Graduated Filters (Grad -). In the Adjustment Brush or Graduated Filter panel click on the double-arrow icon next to the word 'Effect.'

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Installing presets into local adjustments folder
                        SueKnotts Level 1

Yes - that was the problem - I stumbled upon it after watching about 10 videos showing resets! Thank you!