6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 1:59 PM by oksamurai

Head Turner Going Wild

Anim4k3r

I'm using Preview 4 and I'm having an issue where, the first sub-puppet head in my folder structure scales and translates way more than the other poses.

All the subfolders have the same structure (Frontal, Left Quarter, Left Profile, etc.), and when I shuffle them around the one on top takes on this problem.

• 1. Re: Head Turner Going Wild
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

When you select a head group, on the right properties under Face, try setting Head Scale to 0%. Click the top-level puppet too (all the way at the top above your layers) to see if that has anything too.

Otherwise, maybe there's some extra art or something that is being calculated as part of the head group that may be causing it to go crazy?

• 2. Re: Head Turner Going Wild
            Anim4k3r Level 1

I don't think it's a scale issue, it's more of a X Y translation issue. The frontal head seems to have be offset from the origin pivot, but in my .PSD all the head angles have the same origin points. I checked the layers too and nothing looks out of place.

• 3. Re: Head Turner Going Wild

If you reimport, do you get the same issue?

I've seen this a few times before - sometimes when you are updating artwork, if the size/bounds of a particular layer gets bigger or smaller, it can sometimes erroneously shift the artwork's XY position during the sync with CH. I either reimport it or manually move the layer back by dragging or using the position X/Y controls.

• 4. Re: Head Turner Going Wild
                Anim4k3r Level 1

I have tried reimporting the file into a new project, and the problem persists. The layer position and center point look correct in the puppet window, but when in-scene they have problems.

The weird thing is it effects whichever folder is on top. So if I put the Frontal head above the others it has problems, but if I place the Left Quarter on top then it has problems and the Frontal works fine.

• 5. Re: Head Turner Going Wild

Hmm weird. Can you post the PSD here or DM me the file (Google Drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, etc) to take a closer look?

• 6. Re: Head Turner Going Wild

Just to follow up on this, Josh sent me the file and had some cycle layers / art in his group that were also called "Head" and were getting tagged as extra heads, causing some weird positioning issues. Untagging those seemed to fix this problem.