9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2016 12:55 AM by D Fosse

I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.

Rockwallll

QQ图片20161029204535.jpgQQ图片20161029205149.jpgOn the left is a preview of the LR,On the right is a photo of the export.Why is the difference between the photos and the preview so big? By the way, the photo with right click to PS will still be as bleak as export.

• 1. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see what you are seeing. The image on the left is being displayed in Lightroom in 16 bit mode, and the JPEG on the right is an 8-bit image. This could account for a little bit of the difference in color depth. But I don't see the "bleak" issue that you referred to.

• 2. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is not a Lr bug, but a defective display profile. This can often affect different applications in different ways.

The version on the right is Windows Photo Viewer, which is fully color managed and should be absolutely identical to Lightroom. As I read this, Photoshop displays like Photo Viewer, again confirming a bad profile.

All color managed applications should always display identically (save for gamut clipping showing on a wide gamut monitor). If they don't, the prime suspect is always the display profile.

The proper way to deal with this is to use a calibrator to make a new profile, but if you don't have one, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 until you do. Go to Windows color management and replace the current profile. This is the one Lightroom will use. Relaunch Lightroom when done, it needs to load the new profile at startup:

Displayprofile_2.png

• 3. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
              Rockwallll Level 1

QQ.jpgEven if I use the same NEF, it doesn't look the same in Photoshop and Lightroom. In the same color gamut space, the same as the 16 bit

• 4. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
                Rockwallll Level 1

QQ.jpgI did what you said, and I didn't succeed. The problem should not be here. If I Even use the same NEF it doesn't look the same in Photoshop and Lightroom. In the same color gamut space the same as the 16 bit

• 5. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.

Did you also relaunch both applications after you switched default display profile in Windows?

• 6. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
                    Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see a color difference either. I see some differ nice in displayed detail, but this is just due to the difference in scaling algorithm used to downscale the image to the display size in the develop module vs a fully rendered jpeg outside of lightroom. The develop module for the sake of speed does not use the full raw image for display but a sub sampled one when your u are in fit or fill view. If it were to use the full raw file, lightroom would become incredibly slow. Only when you are at 1:1 will it use the full raw data but of course only the section of the image you can see. This can cause the fit/fill views to appear sharper and to have more detail than they really have on lower res displays and when working with noisy files (star photography is a very typical example). Make sure you only touch the detail controls and only judge sharpness and detail at 1:1 view.

When yu export to photoshop or or to another app, Lightroom fully renders the raw file and then it depends on the scaling algorithm in the other app how your image is displayed. Photoshop's scaling is very different from Lightroom and famously changes between odd and even zoom ratios. For example at 33% a nearest neighbor scaling is used resulting in too sharp display and moiré artifacts. While at 25%, it uses a bicubic scaling more akin to what Lightroom uses in Library. Another thing is that in Develop, the scaling down is done in linear 16 bit space. In Library or in external apps, the scaling is usually done in gamma corrected space. This can affect the perceived contrast in high detail areas. Again, this has nothing to do with the actual image but simply with the choice of scaling algorithm and only really matters in images with lots of fine detail such as a starry sky and is a choice that has to be made to not make Lightroom glacially slow in the develop module.

• 7. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.

The one one the right is a little lighter. Not much, but it's there.

• 8. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.
                        Rockwallll Level 1

I found the right answer.

• 9. Re: I think I found a serious bug. About the export of bug.

Yes. When I look a little more closely, I see that Jao is right, and I was dead wrong...